Inducing False Lucids

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Juslisne

Inducing False Lucids

Postby Juslisne » 18 Jul 2015 21:11

Has anyone tried to induce false lucids?

False lucids are where you dream of being lucid, but aren't. You can dream of thinking it's a dream and reality checking and doing loads of exciting stuff without ever being actually lucid.

I wonder if it would be easier to induce false lucids than normal lucids.

Niloc4943

Re: Inducing False Lucids

Postby Niloc4943 » 09 Aug 2015 02:54

I've never heard of this before. It sounds very interesting though.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 09 Aug 2015 12:07

I've never heard of a method that can induce a dream where you THINK you are lucid.

I know what you mean, I also had dreams that weren't lucid but the subject of it was lucid dreaming and I was thinking about it in the dream and stuff, but I don't think you can actually induce this kind of dream without ''accidenitally'' become really lucid, it just surprisingly comes once in a while.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

musicmyxtress

Postby musicmyxtress » 21 Aug 2015 22:58

I want to thank you.
You have just given a name to the bain of my existence. I hate them with a passion.
I feel like with sleep apnia, you tend to sleep much deeper than is needed for a lucid. your brain is working far too sluggishly to be lucid 90% of the time. Sluggish brain plus excitement and anticipation over lucidity, plus doing the techniques faithfully and all that equals false lucid. I sware, a week ago, I so dreamed that I was calling into a radio station, that was all to do with dreams, lucidity, and dream stories. I called them, and said quite plainly, "I'm calling to tell all of you, that your dream stories have nothing on mine. You all are dream characters. I'm dreaming." I was the subject of curiosity all day on this dream radio station about dreams. There was this hip-hop sounding music that was stuck in my head all real life day after it. But then my mother woke me up, and I mentally kicked myself. I had dreamed about being lucid, and not controlled a thing. Aaaaargh!

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 03 Sep 2015 11:16

Hello, names Tear.

this was happening to me quite offen back 2 years ago when i was learning about lucid dreaming. but it eventialy led into me haveing less and less false lucids, and haveing more and more normal lucids.

it still happeneds from time to time, but very rarely.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Oct 2015 03:48

I don't know why anyone would like to go to the trouble of inducing false lucids when one could be putting in the same amount of effort to induce real lucids eg if you can program yourself for a false lucid.. you should be able to program yourself to be doing reality checks to help you become truly lucid.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”