BECOMING DREAM CHARACTERS

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
CosmickGold

BECOMING DREAM CHARACTERS

Postby CosmickGold » 22 Jul 2015 02:35

A therapist once suggested that when I wake up from a dream, I try seeing the dream from the point of view of other characters that were in the dream, becoming them one at a time.

I tried this with AMAZING results:

A DREAM EXAMPLE

In one dream, I was so happy living in my little house up in the clouds at the very top of a high mountain peak. But bad guys on horseback came galloping up from below, and knocked my happy home off the mountain. I was so sad, wondering "Why? Why? Why?"

So upon awakening, I tried looking at the dream from the “bad guy’s” point of view. It worked! I remembered the whole dream again from their viewpoint, just as clearly as I had from my own viewpoint, only now I had his feelings and values. He loved the pleasure of making high things fall.

Then I remembered dreaming a few nights before, that I wanted to see a train fall from a high mountain bridge it was crossing far above; and to my delight, it came crashing down into the river below. I had loved watching it happen.

Then I realized the “good guy” and the “bad guy” in all such dreams were BOTH me! And if I didn’t want my happy things knocked to the ground, I had to stop being the one knocking them down. (How much does this also apply to waking life?)

In another dream, my mother was arguing with me; and I couldn't grasp her point of view, her reasons, or why she was saying certain unfamiliar things to me.

So I tried remembering the dream again from her point of view, and again it worked beautifully. As her, I understood exactly what she was thinking, and meaning by her words, and why she had come to her conclusions. It was as though I was REALLY understanding my REAL mother!

I'm amazed this technique can work so well. Do all dreams have such complex multiple views hidden inside them, most of which we simply remain unaware?

LucidDreamGal

Re: BECOMING DREAM CHARACTERS

Postby LucidDreamGal » 24 Aug 2015 18:27

Wow, that is AMAZING. I would love to try that. Happy that you had such an amazing experience! :D

Return to “Dream Characters”