Open, honest and real from OZ

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
PixelBoo

Open, honest and real from OZ

Postby PixelBoo » 23 Jul 2015 07:03

Umm where to start? I didn't know what lucid dreaming was until a friend recently said I should look into them more.

I've been Lucid dreaming since I was a child (I think), back then it was an amazing feeling. My dream state abilities (I don't know what to refer to them so please forgive my lack of understanding), became more enlightened when I started being sexual abused. Off subject, I have often wondered if children who have been sexually abused or hurt have more of a sense. It just seems like a lot of the most amazing people I've come to know have been abused or hurt in some way.

Anyway. dreaming had become a safe place for me because its the only place I felt I had control and I could run and fly and visit places if I wanted to.

However, my father joined an ashram (cult even) and eventually everything that came naturally to me (like hearing angels warnings etc) as a child became suppressed including my ability to somewhat control my dreams and I started to not hear or dream about anything. In this cult its based around conscious meditation and living within the moment. The past like past lives, experiences, etc comes from the left and anything from the future comes from the right channel, their aim was always stay in the present moment and in reality. So growing up in that environment really suppressed any natural connections I happened to be making as a child. Of course leaving the cult you'd get cancer and die or if you got sick it was because you weren't balanced etc. That's why a lot of people still stay there including my own family.

I'm seriously thankful for the life living in an ashram has given me, I lived in India, the foothills of the Himalayas and travelled spreading love, meditation and music to the world. However, I do feel that it was/is a cult and I'm 5 years out of it. In the last few years my dreams have started come back, maybe they're lucid dreaming? Example: I was going in for an operation and I had a vivid dream that they broke my tooth during the operation. I couldn't get it out of my mind and I told my husband about it on the way to the hospital. So after the operation after I gathered my senses and tried to talk, sure enough, they had broken one of my teeth trying to put the tube in my mouth. These simple dreams happen all the time and I'm not sure if they're lucid dreaming but I am now on a path of self-disvoery of finding the person I was before I was thrown into a cult. Sheesh calling it a cult seems so hard to say.

Anyway! If you've read this far, thank you so much. If you have any insight of suggestions I'm open and happily ready to receiving anything.

Warm regards,

Rebecca

PixelBoo

Re: Open, honest and real from OZ

Postby PixelBoo » 23 Jul 2015 07:07

I'm going to quickly reply to my own post. LOL.

My friend said I should sleep with a pen and paper next to my bed to write down any dreams before I move because I'm in that space of half in and half outside my body?

Also for any automatic writing in the middle of the night. Does anyone else do these things? I've yet to try because we got a new kitten and the first thing I feel in the morning is her scratching my face. No tranquil slowly waking up so I don't forget anything lol.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”