I see myself as someonelse when looking in the mirror

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Rebecca_pixel

I see myself as someonelse when looking in the mirror

Postby Rebecca_pixel » 24 Jul 2015 11:56

I 've been having very intense dreams ever since I can remember. Most of the times I am aware I am sleeping , but the weirdest kind of dreams (not scary , just weird) are when I am a completely different person ,as if I was living someone else's life for a few minutes. I know everything about that person, their environment, their friends, everything. When I look in the mirror I see my/their reflection , my entire body feels different! I know I am dreaming and it's the weirdest feeling- to be traped in somebody else's body! Have you experienced something similar? Could it be just my subconscious trying to comunicate something or could it be more, like an outer body experience or a memory from a past life?

Coolguy123

Re: I see myself as someonelse when looking in the mirror

Postby Coolguy123 » 24 Jul 2015 13:41

No but I'd really want that. :(
"I consider life itself an endless dream"
"To me, imagination is everything"
"Those who say they're normal, are the true weird ones"

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Jul 2015 12:37

The dream self is not identical to the waking self. Two different states of mind and therefore two different identity fabrications. In fact, in the dream state, one can have multiple identities and accept absurdities that the waking ego could never swallow. Even the lucid-dream self isn't an exact emulation of the waking ego - hence the phenomenon of 'bizarre thinking' pointed out by Alan Worsley. (See Dream Science.)

Even the lucid-dream self is highly unstable and, if the oneironaut is not careful, could be turned into a non-lucid observer. This is because the self is a mental fabrication itself and therefore liable to change by the rest of the mental 'web' that makes up the dream world. Thus it is in the interests of the oneironaut to endeavour to preserve lucidity and keep the lucid-dream self as close to the waking ego as possible. The following link explains a little bit more:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Rebecca_pixel

Postby Rebecca_pixel » 29 Jul 2015 09:05

Thank you for the information.I will have to do some reasearch but it's been very helpful!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 30 Jul 2015 01:06

You're welcome! Good luck! :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Characters”