Can't tap into dream? Please help!!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ShatterRainbows

Can't tap into dream? Please help!!

Postby ShatterRainbows » 24 Jul 2015 21:46

Hello!

So, I have this current problem in my dreaming state that I KNOW I'm dreaming because things are there in my dream that in my normal waking life, isn't there. I'll supply you with an example from last night. Last night, I had a dream that I had a popular WWE Superstar in my kitchen eating a hamburger. That certainly isn't happening in my waking life!! But, the thing is, is that I can feel my subconscious in the veeeery back of my mind saying, 'Hey, this isn't right. I've never met this guy before, but here he is sitting in my kitchen! I must be dreaming!' But, as I've read on many other websites, I don't get that sudden spark that puts me in the dream when I realize that I am dreaming. Instead, the dream just continues on like normal.

Now, my question is, how do I 'tap' into my dream by acknowledging that I am indeed dreaming? Like I said, I know I am sometimes, but I never become lucid with it, therefore I can't do a reality check to make sure.

Can anybody please help me out? c:

Coolguy123

Re: Can't tap into dream? Please help!!

Postby Coolguy123 » 25 Jul 2015 01:34

You have to do reality checks. Count your fingers or toes. Poke your hand and see if it goes through. When you realize that you're dreaming, say out loud "I'm dreaming" many ties, while spinning around. Then try doing something to prove lucidity. Also do these irl(not the shouting), because you might have false awakening.

These are all I know though. Ask Rebecca for more info. :)
"I consider life itself an endless dream"
"To me, imagination is everything"
"Those who say they're normal, are the true weird ones"

ShatterRainbows

Postby ShatterRainbows » 25 Jul 2015 07:21

I do do [hehe] reality checks in real life, haha, at least ten a day. It's just that my problem is, is that I can't will myself in the dream to do the reality check to be able to confirm that I am dreaming. That's my predicament right now!
:cry: :oops: :?:

Coolguy123

Postby Coolguy123 » 25 Jul 2015 11:13

Ah, alright. Well just keep on trying, you'll eventually be able to do it. Either that, or you're truly not conscious that you're dreaming at all.

One time I had a dream, in there I knew I was in a dream because I was being chased by a huge dark creature. And even if I knew, I still wasn't able to control myself or anything, because I still ended up getting eaten by that thing. So maybe you're having the same problem I had before.
"I consider life itself an endless dream"
"To me, imagination is everything"
"Those who say they're normal, are the true weird ones"

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Jul 2015 12:50

Bear in mind that sometimes this happens even when you're lucid dreaming:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13266

Rebecca has also pointed out that there are different levels of lucidity. Strive for the highest level which closely emulates the waking self. ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Aug 2015 17:51

Rather then doing random reality checks, make sure in real life that you are reality checking to something which appears in both real life AND your dreams (a common dream symbol).. so you are programmed to reality check when you come across that thing in your dreams.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”