Is the breathing by the dream body matched by real body?

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Juslisne

Is the breathing by the dream body matched by real body?

Postby Juslisne » 25 Jul 2015 15:11

In dreams, the movements of the eyes in the dream are also made by the real body's eyes. Does the same apply to breathing? For example, if I take a deep breath in a lucid dream will I really take a deep breath?

taniaaust1

Re: Is the breathing by the dream body matched by real body?

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 06:56

I can answer this one... no it isn't.

While doing WILD, a few times I've become aware that I've gone into dreaming cause of suddenly becoming aware that I have two different bodies breathing at different rates (this has happened when transitioning into the LD while Im still aware of my physical body and its breathing but my dream self body is there too in another location and in that I've been breathing faster then my body in the bed).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Nickfan40

Re: Is the breathing by the dream body matched by real body?

Postby Nickfan40 » 06 Nov 2015 21:54

I've often wondered that when I'm having my period, is the dream version of myself having a period, too?

Some time back, I was having a very lucid erotic dream about Herbert Lom as The Phantom of the Opera before his accident with acid. I was getting quite frustrated because I was wanting to REALLY have sex with him, but didn't really want to because I was having my period, too messy. :cry:

Return to “Dream Science”