Why is it so hard to tap into my dream world?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
I<3LDS

Why is it so hard to tap into my dream world?

Postby I<3LDS » 28 Jul 2015 03:32

UGH! I mean I know its going to happen and trust me when I say I'm committed. I mean after all, it IS MY freaking brain!! I want to choke it because it won't listen to me. I feel like it's a disrespectful child of my OWN! I feel like I'm doing everything right (as best I can) from waking up in the morning for the last time all the way up up to the point of falling asleep at night only to wake up and say to myself "WOW, another non-lucid dream". I know it will happen. Just need to vent to folks who will understand. Thanks. I feel better (not so much)!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

jasmine2

Re: Why is it so hard to tap into my dream world?

Postby jasmine2 » 28 Jul 2015 04:40

It sounds to me like you've become so focused on wanting to have lucid dreams that you are devaluing non-lucid dreams, and you are sending unkind thoughts to yourself and to your dreaming mind for not cranking out lucid dreams on command.

I suggest that you just try to relax and practice keeping a dream journal. I think the unconscious mind probably values non-lucid dreams as much as lucid dreams, as a means for potentially communicating wisdom and insight to the dreamer. Just be patient.

I've found that sketching or painting some interesting images that appear in dreams, especially using color, seems to attract longer and more interesting dreams. Other forms of crafting dream objects or characters helps too.

Practice sitting quietly in a meditative state. Be conscious of your breathing and allow your mind to drift into semi-drowsiness. Observe random images and feeling as they float up into consciousness, and allow them to spontaneously change without interference. I think this exercise in relaxation and mental focus also enhances dream recall.

I<3LDS

Re: Why is it so hard to tap into my dream world?

Postby I<3LDS » 28 Jul 2015 06:02

Thanks Jasmine

I do need to relax and calm down a bit as you say. And I do value my non-lucid dreams and I am much better at dream recall than before. I have been journaling also. I do appreciate your words to me and your time. You are the first person on the planet that I have talked to in regards to lucid dreaming and its really cool. I'm just so excited...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”