Having Trouble achieving Lucid Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Cinderella

Having Trouble achieving Lucid Dream

Postby Cinderella » 29 Jul 2015 18:21

I have been trying to have a lucid dream for two years now. I have tried so many methods, and read everything I could find on the subject. Spent a lot of time imagining what I would do when I finally achieved a lucid dream. Unfortunately, the opportunity has never presented itself. There is nothing I want more than to have a lucid dream. The only problem is that I cannot remember my dreams. When I wake up, whether slowly or by my alarm, for some reason I cannot recall what I have dreamed. When I wake up, I know that I have had a dream, because I still have the feelings from the dream, but I cannot recall any of the details, not the slightest one. How am I supposed to keep a dream journal if there isn't even a tiny detail to remember? When I was a kid, I had no trouble remember what I dreamed about. For some reason, that changed when I got older.

I have thought about using supplements to aid in dream recall. Once I can remember dreams, then I can write them down. I have researched many different supplements that are supposed to work. Calea Z, Dream Leaf, Alpha Brain, galantamine, choline, vitamin b or d, etc. I haven't tried any yet, because I was hoping someone could tell me if they are safe to use, and if any of them are more effective than others.

Also, I have been experimenting with brainwaves and subliminal messages. If those don't work, I plan to try hypnosis. Anyway, I would really love to have lucid dreams, and be able to do so on command. I just don't know why my brain doesn't want to cooperate. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or I just haven't been doing it long enough.

GalMutzafy

Re: Having Trouble achieving Lucid Dream

Postby GalMutzafy » 03 Aug 2015 09:59

hey :)

So first of all I know how you feel, I also started seriosuly trying about a year and a half - two years ago and I had a few lucid dreams though I woke up after a second or it felt just like a normal dream, so I had also some struggels.

Now, lucid dreams can't be achive without dream recall (well it can, but what's the point having them if you won't rememmber them?) therefore you have to focus only on dream recall for the next period of time.

Now, try to do this: every time you wake up, don't move at all, don't think about anyhing you are going to do today, think firstly about your dreams or what did you think or see just a second before, when you move a lot it ''helps'' the brain to forget your dreams, even if it was just 30 seconds ago you can forget it all in like 5 minutes or even less.

Now what I recommend you to do is to get back to Mild (you said you tried many methods so I guess you already know this method), and don't try to lucid dream, tell yourself every time you go to bed ''Tonight I will rememmber all of my dreams'', try this for two weeks, without any intention to lucid dream.

if you see that it's helping and your deam recall increases, then you can start trying to achieve a lucid dream.

I don't understand in hypnosis and supplements and all of that stuff, so that's my only tip I can give you, good luck!
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

taniaaust1

Re: Having Trouble achieving Lucid Dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Aug 2015 10:22

2 years without success is a heaps long time to be trying.

I strongly suggest you to check out the new 15 pointers for beginners post I've just done to see what things there you weren't doing. Your inability to remember dreams could be helped by increasing your awareness (see my thread below) or gotten past by doing LDs from a WILD state. (LDs are often easier to remember then normal dreams too).

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16814&p=54929#p54929

As far as supplements go, they can be a good aid for some to increase the amount of LDs they are having or may help someone who is already almost there but seeing you haven't had none, it is likely you may find they don't help you (trying subliminals, hypnosis etc if you've tried everything on my list is probably a better way to try to achieve a LD). With this being said, Vitamin B can give more vivid dreams and is safe (its water soluable so you just pee out what your body doesn't need).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”