You can call me Noel and I am new in this forum, but I have been into Lucid Dreaming for a few years.
I can't say I am even close to master it, but dreaming lucid is living lucid, and I believe awareness is one of the most important things for reality, awake or not.
That said, I would like to show and discuss an ongoing idea of mine.
The idea is to consciously sketch 7 dream characters, and let time, dream and meditation fill them to become real (at least to my dream perception). I know there are methods which include creating characters to trigger lucidity. But this is somehow different.
Think about reasoning, and how our thinking process happens. It all seems like a dialogue inside your head, right?
But have you ever asked yourself, who are you talking to when you think?
An old psychology theory about the matter is called Bicameralism (see more in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology) )
Many think the idea of God or Gods come from this way of thinking we adopted.
It seems like the more access we have to this other self within us, the more you know about yourself and the world. Or at least, the more you accept not knowing.
So why not use LD to objectively talk and access this other-self deep within your subconscious?
My idea is then, to divide this other-self in 7 dream characters, each one with an area of expertise within my subconscious.
Who knows if it's going to work? But if it does, imagine the possibilities.
The characters I chose to sketch and let my mind complete are:
- The Glory : The bridge to my notions of reward, glory, justice, ethic and morals.
- The Healer : The bridge to between body and mind. How to make them work together, as it should be, as they are two parts of a one.
- The Known : The one to help me understand what I know, and accept the beauty of the unknown.
- The Wise : The one to show be I am an ignorant. But how to be an ignorant in a reasonable way.
- The Lover : The one to help me understand all forms of love. Help me love others, and so love myself.
- The Observer : The one who knows to watch and act. To show me how and why we behave, and how to use this at its best.
- The Me : The bridge to my notions individuality, self-esteem and also empathy.
There they are. So far I didn't have a LD with them, but through meditation they being shape, and being who they'll become, as I hope.
I know it all seems too esoteric, but isn't LD in a way?
I am quite cynical towards the supernatural. Which is a silly word, everything that happens happens within nature. Whether you understand and accept or not.
So, I hope you find the idea interesting, and if you want to discuss about it, it would be my pleasure.
Best wishes and nice dreams,