First LD in a while

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
emberfire012

First LD in a while

Postby emberfire012 » 02 Aug 2015 02:55

Last night, I had my first LD in a while. I have had several moments in recent dreams where I realized that I was dreaming, but I never became fully lucid. But last night, I did.
The dream started out with me standing in a field near my home with two other people. Those two other people were my friend Audrey, and a character I created in a life simulation video game, Meads.
Audrey was holding a bottle of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, and Meads was looking at an Instagram picture on an iPhone that she was showing us. Meads told us that squirting chocolate syrup anywhere was illegal and considered vandalism. But we were going to do it anyway.
I squirted the syrup on the ground, and Audrey and Meads ran away, laughing. I squirted it in the shape of a pentagram, then I squirted some onto my arms and ran away as well, licking it off of my arms cuz hey, why not?
Next, it was now nighttime in the field, and I was apparently sent to the field by Audrey and Meads to get the bottle of syrup because we left it in the field and we didn't want any evidence that could be used against us.
I grabbed the bottle, which was lying in the field, sucked some of the chocolate off of it, and I ran across the field.
While I was running, the time of day magically changed to early afternoon, and I was somehow informed that I was to meet Audrey and Meads at my elementary school, about a mile from the field.
While running to the school, I got really hot, since it was summer in the dream, so I said, "Screw it" and floated up into the sky and flew towards the school.
About halfway to the school, I realized, "Wait a second...flying isn't normal. I'm dreaming!" and I reality-checked and became lucid.
Since my lucidity is always faulty and unstable, even though I've been doing LD trial and error for about 3 years now, I decided to try a new technique for stable lucidity and I decided to constantly remind myself that I was dreaming so I wouldn't lose lucidity. So, I screamed, "I'M DREAMING!" into the wind and suddenly, I could feel the warm sun on my face and the cool wind blowing behind me.
I flew to the elementary school, where Audrey and Meads were waiting. I accidentally slipped into semi-lucidity while I talked to them, so I don't remember much. All I know is that they eventually left and i became fully lucid again. Because I didn't have a dream goal, I began to fool around in the dream world and I marvelled at how real everything felt and I summoned things in my hands and made them disappear.
Soon after that, I lost lucidity, then I had a false awakening and a few other vivid but not lucid dreams, but yeah! Just felt I would share this dream because I haven't been on here in a while, and maybe some more experienced LDers could give me some feedback on what I did wrong and what I could do next time? Thank you all! :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: First LD in a while

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 03:20

LDers could give me some feedback on what I did wrong and what I could do next time? Thank you all! :)

I decided to try a new technique for stable lucidity and I decided to constantly remind myself that I was dreaming so I wouldn't lose lucidity. So, I screamed, "I'M DREAMING!" into the wind and suddenly, I could feel the warm sun on my face and the cool wind blowing behind me.
I flew to the elementary school, where Audrey and Meads were waiting. I accidentally slipped into semi-lucidity while I talked to them, so I don't remember much.

The only thing I can think of is to work harder at not loosing your lucidity. You need to remind yourself that you are dreaming more, try to always keep this thought in mind and not let it go as the moment you do, you loose lucidity eg when talking to dream characters, friends or not.. don't allow yourself to forget that they aren't your real friends but are just DCs of them.

You could also practice holding clear awareness staying fully present and aware during the day when awake (not letting the life and things around you forget that you are working on being fully aware and present).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”