Falling asleep while reading

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Ghost Haven

Falling asleep while reading

Postby Ghost Haven » 04 Aug 2015 03:23

When I was really little, I used to have these short dreams while on long car rides as the result of reading late into the night. I'm not sure if I was actually falling asleep, but what would happen is I would be reading, and somehow I would close my eyes and keep reading. I think I was probably just trying to rest my eyes for a second because it was normally really late when this would happen, but then I would just keep reading. Normally the first few sentences would be right, then my brain just made up a story that wasn't too far from the original. Eventually I'd snap out of it and realize that I'd just read a page or two that weren't even in the book. I normally didn't think much of it because I was so young and tired, but now, looking back, that's really cool. From what I remember normally the entire dream was just a page or two pages side by side (like a book) like I was seeing the words on a television screen, so it was normally around a strange part that made me look up and think or a page turn that I would wake up. I guess I'm just wondering what people think about this and if anyone else has had experiences like this.

On an unrelated note, I really look forward to using this forum. This is my first post. I've been writing my dreams and doing reality checks for a while now, and I'm stoked to have finally started getting some results.
Not everything happens for a reason, but reason can be applied to anything that happens.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”