My first lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
ZisElite

My first lucid dream

Postby ZisElite » 04 Aug 2015 11:38

Yesterday I achieved my first lucid dream. Unfortunately, I tried hard but failed to control my excitiment and I woke up 10-15 seconds later. The funny thing is that my subconcious was struggling to "wake" me up.
A few seconds before becoming lucid, a terminal(aka command line) took place of my view and a robotic female voice started to speak. She was talking about functions and variables. She said that these functions affect the chance of becoming lucid. She said me that I could become lucid now if I wanted to, but I just ignored her. After I realizes I was dreaming I rushed into a wall and tried to push my hand against it. It passed through. Suddenly I felt my limbs very numb and everything went black. The next moment I am lying on my bed.

I have two questions: Is it normal to ignore your own subconcious? And is there anyone else whose subconcious tried to help them without them asking for help?

Ghost Haven

Re: My first lucid dream

Postby Ghost Haven » 04 Aug 2015 17:28

In almost all of my lucid dreams, right before I become lucid my thoughts become a fully auditory voice in my head, like most of my thoughts in real life. I thought that was just my conscious mind starting to wake up, but it could be subconscious. I've never given it much thought.
Not everything happens for a reason, but reason can be applied to anything that happens.

taniaaust1

Re: My first lucid dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 02:43

I have two questions: Is it normal to ignore your own subconscious? And is there anyone else whose subconscious tried to help them without them asking for help?

You ignored your subconsciousness here at first as your waking consciousness wasn't present enough to think right away and go "oh Im really lucid dreaming" and you were brain wise too asleep. Obviously though it did help as it must of triggered off some thinking behind the scenes as after all you did end up lucid.

My subconsciousness has at least once (probably several times over the years) let me know I was dreaming and hence helped me enter into LD, I've at times heard others too get help from it unasked for. This often surprises newbies to LD as most don't realise it can help do this.

Working with the subconsciousness and even trying to build a connection with it is always a good thing to try to do if wanting to LD. (I suggest to help form a connection with it.. every morning when you first get up in go to your mirror and look at yourself, smile and say hello to it. Also ask it for help to wake up during dreams when you go to bed).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”