Remembering dreams with bad memory

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
RickD

Remembering dreams with bad memory

Postby RickD » 05 Aug 2015 00:08

I started doing lucid dreams a few years ago and it went quite smoothly i didn't have to keep a dream journal or anything else. I had 2-3 a week. But I stopped because I came in a big depression. A year ago I started it again but now I can't remember dreams (I remember about 2-4 per week)this makes I kinda hard to know if I was lucid. In real life I find myself being able to remember almost nothing. I can barely remember what I did today. This is because of the aftermath of the depression with some depersonalization.
I hope to help myself in these lucid dreams so I will be able to remember things again and to help myself with other problems like this.
But because the lucid dreams won't come to me like they did 2-3 years ago. I can't do it of course. I already have a dream journal and I'm doing almost everything I can. I have been doing this for a year now and had a break of 2 months. I hoped that might help, sadly it didn't. I hope somebody here can help me with this problem and if somebody here has/had the same.

P.s. My age is 16 if that's any help :).

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

GalMutzafy

Re: Remembering dreams with bad memory

Postby GalMutzafy » 05 Aug 2015 11:09

Hey :)

In order to remmember your dreams, well obviously have a dream jurneal which you already have, so I can give you some other tips:

1. Sleep more hours, if you sleep about 7-8 so that's great, but if you can and want, sleep more, you dreams will become longer and more vivid.

2. When you wake up, don't move a lot and don't think about anything rather than what you dreamed this night, studies show that we forget half of our dream after 5 minutes of awakening and almost all of it after 10, so it's important not to move much and concitrate only on it when you wake up.

Dream recall comes with time, I also had a very bad dream recall before I started a dream jurneal, but after a week I've started remmembering more and more and it became better and better with time.

Good luck!
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “For Beginners”