Candy-floss Cloud

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Candy-floss Cloud

Postby Summerlander » 09 Aug 2015 10:25

Here is a lucid dream I had on 5th July. I call it 'Candy-floss Cloud'. On this particular morning, I got up at seven o'clock to make breakfast for my kids. Twenty minutes later, I returned to bed for a nap - turning on the stereo before lying down. The soothing classical sounds of Claude Debussy's 'Clair de lunne' helped me to relax. Soon, strange waves filled my head, accompanied by episodic hissing. I don't remember hearing somniferous music at this stage, but I know that I gradually fell asleep. The dreaming that followed was vague, and a kind of aleatory lucidity manifested when I asked myself, 'Am I dreaming?' The following account is in the present tense and edited from notes on my lucid dream:

'I realise, beyond all doubt, that everything around me is a dream. There is excitement, which I keep in check. I remember what I have been preaching to other oneironauts online, "Carpe somnia mundi: seize the dream world". I cannot let this go; the environment that was so vivid a split-second ago is quickly fading. I'm running through an alley, rushing past confusing intricate forms, blanched shapes - mechanical in appearance - daedal contours that I'm afraid to examine lest the lucid dream collapses. This feeling, I'm aware, contradicts my advice. I have no action plan so I quickly decide to go with the flow. I keep running and notice people ahead of me. They are running in the same direction - it feels like a marathon. I grab them and palpate them in order to maintain the dream world. They feel real.

'I continue to run, faster and faster, gliding, until I take off towards the blue sky. Suddenly, it's nighttime and I spot a few stars, too bright to look realistic. Below me, the tallest structures of a dream city are pylons interconnected by power lines. Looking up, I realise I'm flying towards the centre of a massive quadrangular mandala absurdly delineated by steel towers. The centre happens to be the entrance to the surface of a cartoonlike cloud which appears to consist of a snowball-crested ice rink in the sky with an iceberg-like underside. I slide over it upright before skidding on my chest, arms outstretched and commoving celestial bubbles. (Great oneiric recreation!) The cloud is not icy - as one would assume by looking at it - and I taste candy floss when I open my mouth to swallow the curious, and now flocculent, heavenly surface. Once I reach the cloud's edge, I descend back to the urban land which now lacks pylons. I fly by some buildings; flight - I can tell - provides me with a strong sense of motion through dream space which ostensibly maintains the lucid dream.

'There is a damsel in distress at one of the windows - the lure of some Rapunzel fantasy from my subconscious, no doubt! - enticing me to be her hero. An anthropoidal colossus yanks the girl from the window and slams it shut. My blood boils, but a reminder that it's all a dream returns my frivolous excitement. I smash into the window pane with a flying kick and recoil from the shards in midair. I look in the window to see the enraged giant moving in on me. Behind him, two dream characters sit at a table with a peculiar spotlight shining on them; they appear to be too scared to move. Rapunzel feebly tries to hold back the colossal aggressor. I sling shards of glass at him; stabbing him; slashing him open; blood spurting everywhere. I'm exhilirated as I hear the cowardly figures cheering from their seats as the menacing dream character finally topples. I'm becoming emotionally involved as I glide through the broken window to talk to Rapunzel - as I've come to call her. It's tempting to regard her as a real person; to revel in delusion for just one second; to not just pretend it's all real but to actually forget that I'm dreaming. I lose lucidity. (I should have been careful with what I wished for!)

'I'm in a record shop with my friend Charlie. No recollection of how I got there. Perhaps there is nothing to recall - bearing in mind that dreams don't have to make sense, the scene could have just manifested. Charlie natters away but I take no notice. There is something off here. How did I get here? Am I dreaming? Bam! I'm lucid again! Strangely, I still feel like I have to listen to Charlie. I must shake off this feeling. I ascend through the air, defying the gravity that was never there, and look down at a pathetic Charlie ceaselessly tattling... "Shut up, Charlie!" I shout with a grin as I fly away from the scene.

'The dream world is vivid - no need to deepen it. I soared into the blue, overlooking a vast metropolis. I gaze at its streets from above and subsequently find myself walking in the middle of a road. A middle-aged woman wearing a green summer dress stands on the pavement, smiling at me. She is a well-defined dream figure, with a huge sombrero, wavy dark hair and tanned skin. I can even make out freckles on her face and shoulders. Her handbag is blurry, though. She greets me in silence. I am now standing in front of her and we embrace. She feels like a strong lady and there is a spark of attraction here. I feel aroused as we walk together - impossibly embracing at the same time - and I get this notion that she's taking me to her residence. (Another fantasy!) I experience a contradictory urge to resist my sexual whim and wish for this lucid dream to culminate on some other escapade. Abruptly, I'm standing on the second floor of the woman's house. Most of the front wall is gone - as though ravaged by a hurricane - exposing most of the house's interior. She stands outside, looking exasperated and complaining that her house has been despoiled. This is intense. I rub my hands together and remind myself that I'm dreaming.

'I'm now in my house and a nimble, muscular ninja climbs through my son's bedroom window. The dark figure strikes and I block his moves before counterattacking with a few punches and kicks of my own. He's a solid withstander, too. I feel him gripping my wrists, so I manage to get my foot on his chest, springing his torso away from me and towards the open window. Without delay, I grab his ankle and succeed in defenestrating him by pulling his heg up and off the floor. (What a jubilant lesson in martial arts!) The ninja back-flips a couple of times and lands well - a perfect crouch with a foot, a knee, and a few digits on the pavement outside. He somersaults back into the room and another defenestration is successfully executed. This dark fighter always lands well and I find this, as well as the fact that we are resuming combat in slow motion, quite hilarious. The dream world is evanescing and I hear pulsatile hissing in my head.

'I spin like a dervish, eyes shut, to randomly emerge in a strange kitchen overlooking a gorgeous nighttime dreamscape. Beholding multicoloured city lights, I exclaim, "How can the philosopher Daniel Dennett posit that qualia is nonexistent?" I feel a presence. Behind me, an Asian man with a sceptical air about him speaks in a strong Indian accent: "What do you mean the self does not exist?"
"It doesn't, it's an illusion..." I reply. "How so?" He returns incredulously. "Look closely", I begin to explain with emotion to this dream sceptic who provides me with a social dress rehearsal for waking life discussions on matters of the mind, "and you will see that the whole world rests on your neck - where a head should be." I wake up with a buzz.'

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Kman43759

Re: Candy-floss Cloud

Postby Kman43759 » 15 Aug 2015 23:22

How do you stay Lucid for so long???

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Summerlander

Re: Candy-floss Cloud

Postby Summerlander » 16 Aug 2015 00:34

I'd say, realistically, that the lucid parts combined didn't last more than 3 minutes. (If you sit still for 3 minutes you will realise that it can seem like an eternity - a temporal span which can encompass several dream events.) But here is a link where I go to town in explaining how oneironauts can prolong their lucid dreams:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”