[FA] How do I stabilize a false awakening and

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jacob46719

[FA] How do I stabilize a false awakening and

Postby Jacob46719 » 11 Aug 2015 02:36

how do I know how stable i make it? As we know, false awakenings are usually 100% vivid. However, that doesn't indicate stability by any means—I've woken up instantly from of several of them. So I'm looking for a way to make FA's "safe" to use for hardcore LDing, as well a way to check the current level of stability without sacrificing any of it.
Don't give up on your dreams! Keep sleeping...

taniaaust1

Re: [FA] How do I stabilize a false awakening and

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Aug 2015 09:29

If you are worrying too much about stability in a dream which isn't yet appearing unstable, it increases the chance that your fears and thinking may well cause you to wake up. (You could be loosing them cause your physical body is just ready to wake up and in this case regular stabilisation may not help at all. This may be the case especially if you are having your FA's in the morning close to when you'd usually wake up)

Use some stability methods right at the start of a LD to ground yourself well into it eg touching things and feeling things in the dream, rubbing your hands together.. but after that its my personal opinion that if it does appear stable, to not go worrying about this unless it does start to appear to loose stability (eg start fading out in some way or I sometimes get a knowing feel that it its about to go unstable).

If you regularly loose LDs after a certain amount of time, you could plan to do some more stabilisation after a certain amount of time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”