Possible proof for shared dreaming !

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
SGraham

Possible proof for shared dreaming !

Postby SGraham » 19 Jun 2012 01:05

This was a semi lucid dream i had like one year ago and i cant believe i just remembered to share it now !
ok so i was regular dreaming that i was climbing a mountain with my brother and jake from adventure time. I realized the illogicalness of the situation and then i knew i was dreaming. I knew i had to wake up early that morning and because of the brightness of the scenery i could tell i overslept. I didnt know how to get out of the dream but i looked down at of the bottom of the mountain and there was a bridge and i just knew that if i crossed it i would wake up. i run down to the bridge but there was a piece missing so my brother said "i'll fix it" and poof it was fixed. then i crossed the bridge and woke up.

Now on to the proof! so later that day i came up to my brother and said i had a crazy dream. and he said "me too." so said what's your dream about? and he said "there was you and me and we had to do something with a bridge and then i was just doing stuff by my self."

i couldnt believe it! i didnt tell him or any one else about my dream at all! I am definitly NOT someone who believes in psycics or anything like that so i dont know maybe just a coincidence maybe not . :?:
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

WildCat23

Re: Possible proof for shared dreaming !

Postby WildCat23 » 19 Jun 2012 16:13

That's really interesting. I once had a very similar dream as one of my friends.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 19 Jun 2012 16:20

Thats a relief i was afraid people would flat out think i was making it up. As i said im very skeptical of anything like telepathy or things like that so i realy dont know what to make of it. my only theory is maybe if both peoples brains are operating at the same Hz . :?:
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

siddle

Postby siddle » 19 Jun 2012 18:30

Let's see...I think I've had about 6 co-dreams now (hyper lucidity..however you wish to say it).

I admit, I was a bit sceptical at first.
I've mentioned on here before, but I'm a natural and quite over-active lucid dreamer. About 3 years ago, one of my good friends (who is an at will, WILD lucid dreamer, but his expertise is mostly in astral projection) started asking me questions about the recurrent dream city I go to every night. He basically described one of my apartments in the city, as well as the school and the central building. Then he went into "dream doors" which were represented by colours of the chakras. I thought that was neat...until he mentioned some of my personal dream objects. Then the chills went up my spine.

Since then, we have been experimenting with co-dreaming. We will both focus on a specific place within the dream city (really helps that he's been there too). We've travelled through the city, into the mountains, to the water parks, to the strip malls, schools, etc.

We both have dream journals that we write in, then compare next time we meet up.

So...I understand there is a scientific community out there that would very much like to pass those through peer review so they can properly be vilified based on "delusional self experience". Wouldn't matter.

So let me just say that I believe your proof very much. I've experienced co-dreaming....so I don't really need proof. Perhaps you and your brother are very connected (spiritually, collective consciousness, ...however you perceive this notion). I would try meeting up with him in a dream. I know why I can co-dream with my friend--this one dips into personal beliefs though--we were brothers in a past life. I would explain that further, but unfortunately, the science community doesn't like to believe in past-life or life-between regressions.....so my experience would be thrown out with the bath water there too. Point is, "Psychic" is just a word. So is consciousness. Words to explain the parts of our cosmos we don't understand....but I very much believe we understand more of ourselves and our universe when we are in altered states. For that reason, I have very little scepticism anymore when it comes to OBE/LD. Anything is possible.
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. --Douglas Adams

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”