Trying to make a return in the hopes of lucid dreaming!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LCDAnthony

Trying to make a return in the hopes of lucid dreaming!

Postby LCDAnthony » 11 Aug 2015 06:29

Hey all! You'll notice my history on here that I've been here for a while. Just recently returning, I love this community and still remember it dearly! Some of the ages on here might me a little off.. as I don't precisely remember them.

I'm not stranger to the steps in trying to reach a lucid dream. I am, however, a stranger to lucid dreams. I've only ever had one lucid dream... which I think it was me dreaming about think about lucid dreaming. Make sense? Not a real one but a dream with the intention in mind.

I started way back when I was 14 I believe (I'm almost 18 now). At the time, I was all dedicated and well knowledged in the process and steps in achieving a dream. Though I never really had one. I was about 15 when I decided to give up. Take a break. I read that some beginner mistakes with LD'ing are: Too much focus on techniques, too focused on other things, or no patient.

I was the person who was equipped with the weaponry but didn't know how to use it. Thus I gave up! I decided, "If I give myself a break and come back later in life about it, it'll be a bit easier."

I sat on this for a while and I occasionally have thoughts of trying again but never have the motivation. Well now I'm ready. I'm sure I can achieve a full on Lucid Dream now. I had a dream last night and I want to be able to return to find out more about it and why I had it (was a weird nightmare).

Here's where you guys come in. My motivation! How can I take the steps in order to achieve a dream. I'm willing to learn 'techniques' or whatnot. I'm just about the dream. I've got a different mindset now.

taniaaust1

Re: Trying to make a return in the hopes of lucid dreaming!

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Aug 2015 07:33

Seeing you didn't succeed last time, its a case of you needing to figure out why you didn't (and hence what you need to try or do differently this time around).

I read that some beginner mistakes with LD'ing are: Too much focus on techniques, too focused on other things, or no patient.

Focus on various techniques and learning about them is good (so you know your various options you could try) as long as when you are actually trying to LD at the time you aren't trying too hard to the point you cant relax enough for success.

Also being stubborn with a set technique can let a person down if it turns out that one wasn't right for the person. You need to be prepared to alter or change techniques if whatever you are trying which isn't working while at the same time give whatever you are trying, enough time to know if it may be a good technique for you or not (I suggest to stick with something for 21 days before deeming a method maybe wrong for you or needs more added to it.. best to go into any technique to start with without missing helpful things to be using with it so you have best chance of success).

There is a lot more mistakes a person can make which can limit their success then just those things mentioned in your post eg I've seen beginners make up their own reality checks but they have been ones which due to them not understanding things, were almost surely going to fail. There's other things too much can cause beginners to have more issues (being in the right head space can be important too, if someone goes into a technique thinking its likely very hard, most likely it then will be).

So seeing you failed before, you need to look at each thing you were doing and if there was something wrong there or some part of whatever you were doing which could of been done differently so it would of been much better.

Where do you think you went wrong before? Why don't you think you succeded? (I do remember you and remember that you tried for quite a while but cant now remember what you were doing or even if you asked for advice re the techniques you were using).

Everyone can go through a bad patch with dreaming too even those fairly experienced (I've just gone through a 2.5mth bad patch with my LD due to a change in my environment and factors which affect my ability some, I think I've only had one LD in that time and I was struggling to remember even normal dreams.. Im just coming good again now).. so maybe you are in a better place right now to succeed then before.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Aug 2015 08:49

I just did a check list for those who are having issues to see where your issue may be. So check this out http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16814&p=54929#p54929

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 12 Aug 2015 21:02

Hey thanks, Tan. It's been a while since I've been on here (don't know if you remember me). I bookmarked that 15 point checklist. I'm probably going to go run to the store before work in order to start a fresh, clean dream journal.

I feel like this dreaming problem also ties into my more-or-less poor diet. I'm not overweight and am skinny but my choice of food and drinks aren't the smartest. I've stopped smoking weed because it just wasn't for me and didn't feel like myself 100%. I hope this will help clean up my mind in order to prep for a better dreaming experience.

Thanks for the advice, I knew that I could come here for some. ;)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2015 14:27

LCDAnthony wrote: I've stopped smoking weed because it just wasn't for me and didn't feel like myself 100%. I hope this will help clean up my mind in order to prep for a better dreaming experience.

I did recognise you, so partly remembered you. Nods... I think stopping weed could well help as it does fog the mind up some.

Return to “For Beginners”