how meany

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
seanEE

how meany

Postby seanEE » 11 Aug 2015 20:09

from what i can see there are not that many people here, why i found this to be the best LD site, whats going on, :(
''you must excuse my personality''

Summerlander

Re: how meany

Postby Summerlander » 11 Aug 2015 21:51

What constitutes a good website in your mind? The number of active members or its content? I find this site to be quite informative, tolerant of debates and having a noetic ethos. To me, that makes it a great site -- one of the best! 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Aug 2015 10:29

This site does carry very good content so that makes it a good site, I'd have to say I view it as probably the top LD website to come to to learn how to LD via reading posts and articles.

I myself find it strange how there is no big busy LD website online anywhere I know.

Im involved in 3 LD websites but they are all small (this one where I try to help people wanting to LD, one in which I keep my dream journals in and are in a tiny dream team and a 3rd LD site I try to compete with others in LD challenges).

Going back 10 years ago, there was very big LD website around in which I used to help moderate, we had over 60 very active regular members by that I mean posting at least once every 2 weeks (that one was very active till the owner shut the website down due to cost, the site. I think that site may of been so popular as it covered everything as far as my LD wants go, where as now I have to use 3 different sites to do which I used to get out of just one website and even then there is lacking as there is no big group).

world of lucid dreaming site probably only has 6-9 members I'd consider quite active if that (many seem to have vanished in past few months or so).

There is also some shocking LD websites online which poor beginners would be fooled by. I came one which looked quite professional but all the info given there for beginners though it looked good, much of it was actually untrue. (hence why we probably get beginners on this website believing they need to be able to go into and experience sleep paralyses to be able to LD... that was just one of the many not true things at this other LD website in the articles there by the owner and other so called experienced LD people there. There was also many you cant do this or cant do that during a LD which were untrue too there).

Anyone stumbling onto this website is onto a good thing, Rebecca's articles are all good. You do get here some beginners giving other beginners completely wrong or bad advice but that happens anyway at any of the LD websites as far as beginners sharings go. Here there are also quite a few experienced LD people who together, use a good variety of different techniques for any new people to learn stuff from, some create their own.

(I noticed also some small LD websites out there, they may have experience people but who may only be mostly using just the one technique (and then everyone coming to that website is too only trying one technique) and then give out wrong advice on the techniques they aren't familiar with or just believe their technique is better for others... some knowledge gaps at some websites.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 12 Aug 2015 23:41

thats my point, its in my opinion the best ld site, ''at least I've come across'' but where all the people, i thought ld was all the rage now days, and what better thing to do than share dreams and stuff, i find when i read about ld i have a lot better chance of having them.
''you must excuse my personality''

Return to “Off-Topic”