Using my Inner Self to help me become lucid

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
I<3LDS

Using my Inner Self to help me become lucid

Postby I<3LDS » 12 Aug 2015 11:19

I have the belief that my Inner Self can cause me to become aware of when I am dreaming and trigger lucidity. I belive that constantly repeating phrases while conscious is a way to help cause the Inner Self to do this. The question I have is are there any other ways to tap into my inner self while conscious with the intent of asking it to help me become lucid while dreaming?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Re: Using my Inner Self to help me become lucid

Postby HAGART » 15 Aug 2015 00:19

Hmmmm... "The inner self". We all know it, but what is it?

I think my subconscious is like a program in the back of my mind and performs many bodily functions and even background thought routines which we can never know.

With that in mind, it can be re-programmed for sure. Just like quitting a habit or forming a new one. That is the basis of the MILD technique and stands for "Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream". NO, don't think of Keanu Reeves. It simply means, to keep the notion in your mind as you fall asleep that the next thing you do will be a lucid dream, and it works. It's that 'wake up call' in your dreams once we fall under the spell of Sleeping Beauty.

MILD works sometimes, but not always. When it does, you suddenly wonder... "How did I get here?" "Where am I going?" and then you reality check if you don't already know, and then you are lucid dreaming, my friend! Prolonging it is the next step, but don't worry about that for now.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

I<3LDS

Postby I<3LDS » 17 Aug 2015 08:05

Have you read Robert Waggoner's book "Lucid Dreaming Gateway to the inner Self"? He describes the inner Self in great detail as much more than what you elude to..

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Aug 2015 01:16

'It may easily come to pass that a vain man may become proud and imagine himself pleasing to all when he is in reality a universal nuisance.'

SPINOZA

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2015 13:46

You certainly can use programming to get your dream self doing things (programming is what you actually were refering to when you talk about keep repeating things in daily life in the hope that your dream self will do it too).

Other then programming, it is said that acknowledging your subconscious self more can help it work more with a person eg first thing in morning, look yourself in the mirror and tell your inner self you love it. Another thing you could do is talk to your subconsciousness right before bed and ask it to wake you up during a dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

I<3LDS

Postby I<3LDS » 22 Aug 2015 00:54

Tanniust1,

It's amazing what you said because it is exactly what I have been doing. A lot actually. It seems a little awkard but then powerful. This to me is quite a mind blowing thing - to know that I can speak to my own inner Self and know that it has much more knowledge than and influence on my waking self.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Aug 2015 03:07

Very insightful. And the irony lies with the fact that this inner self, which most describe as 'subconscious', is aware of much more than the waking ego — the narrow focus that we are. It is quite possibly another type of consciousness (unconsciousness from our supposed vantage point), as it were, which stands somewhat apart from our waking selves — yet linked — and all the while literally observing us. Our brains are bicameral and it is quite telling that both hemispheres wrestle for control of the body when the cerebrum is severed at the corpus callosum.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 22 Aug 2015 04:27

Robert Waggoner, in his book "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self", includes discussions about how to communicate with one's inner guidance, especially in chapters - (5) "Independent Agents And The Voice Of The Unconscious", (7) "Experiencing The Light Of Awareness", and (8) "Connecting With The Hidden Observer Of Dreaming."

We can address our dream goals to the awareness behind the dreaming before going to sleep, or in a lucid dream, but I think it is also necessary to do the ground work of keeping a dream journal , experimenting with a variety of tutorial suggestions for inducing and working with non-lucid and lucid dreams, and also learn to interpret personal associations to dream metaphors and symbols.

These practices help to refine inner focus and intention, and "awareness of being aware" in the waking and dream worlds. These skills are necessary to help attune awareness to "feel" and intuitively communicate with one's inner guidance, the awareness behind dreaming, the Inner Self.

Here are some recommendations regarding further discussion of inner guidance, the Inner Self, the Inner Self-Helper, the mandala, and the imaginal realm.

(1) Article - "Archetypes Of Wholeness: Jung And The Mandala" - mandalzone.com

(2) Google images for - Mandalas from Carl Jung's "The Red Book"

(3) - Paper - "The Inner Self Helper: Concepts Of Inner Guidance" - scholarsbank.uoregon.edu

(4) Paper - "The Two Part Film Technique: Empowering Dissociative Clients ..." - academia.edu - by Sarah Krakauer

(5) - Essays - "Engaging The Imaginal Realm" - collectivewisdominitiative.org

(6) - Book - "Jung On Active Imagination" by Carl Jung and Joan Chodorow (ed)

(7) Interview - "290 Ally Work With Jungian Analyst Jeffrey Raff PhD" - shrinkrapradio.com
(chose transcript or podcast)

(8) Essays - "Quantum Metaphysics - Awaken In The Dream"- awakeninthedream.com by Paul Levy

Return to “For Beginners”