Help needed to have first lucid dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MyCrazyGrandpa
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Aug 2015 12:27

Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby MyCrazyGrandpa » 13 Aug 2015 12:44

I want to have my first lucid dream:

I would like any tips on lucid dreaming for beginners,

I wake up at 3:00 every night naturally, with lots energy, as if i'm ready to start the day.
I used to have sleep paralysis, it was terrifying so I found my way of it, then I figured out that it could be used for lucid dreaming and OBEs, so I want in... again .

I would also like to figure which methods are the best for beginners (MILDs,WILDs,WBTB etc.)

THANK YOU!

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4351
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby Summerlander » 13 Aug 2015 17:44

I replied to your intro and provided links. There is no universal 'best method' for beginners because everyone is different. For me it was the WBTB method. Then I realised DEILD (dream-exit initiated lucid dreaming) was even better (for me). Here is a useful article by Rebecca Turner:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/17-things-ive-learned-in-17-years-of-lucid-dreaming.html

Also, look at this diagram from Raduga's book:

Image

Study the Agorithm of Action upon Awakenings

Look at this diagram which is from Michael Raduga's The Phase - A Practical Guidebook. Study it. Employ the techniques, be persistent, patient, and calm. 'The phase' is where everything happens, where you enter the lucid dream world. That is your aim, where you need to focus on. You want to reach the phase state regardless of whether you experience SP or not. And make sure you do it in the morning after a good night's sleep (at least 6 hours).

Examples of techniques for the algorithm:

Listening in; observing images; phantom wiggling.
Spend about 5 seconds on each. Cycle through them. Any strange sensation (images/sounds/vibrations) that arises needs to be amplified before you employ a 'separation' method or lucidly enter the dream world in a direct manner.

Quickest route:

The quickest route, if you look at the diagram, is: Awakening > separation attempt > the phase state. It can be this simple. Ideally, you don't want to faff with techniques. The dream-exit initiated lucid dream (DEILD) method employs the same principle. Separating from the sleeping body stencil (out-of-body experience or OOBE) often goes with this. I find it to be the most effective. 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3409
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby HAGART » 14 Aug 2015 23:56

I hate homework, Summerlander and that was confusing!

I have a simple question: What time do you sleep if you wake up at 3:00 a.m.?

My tried and true method, and we are all different, is to have about 5 hours sleep, and get that deep sleep out of the way, wake up and get out of bed for a while and then go back to sleep for that blessed REM sleep and just dream your brain out! It can sometimes be lucid, but who cares, because those dreams are so vivid and like a vacation from reality.

I think I may have said the same thing as Summerlander, but I dumb it down into simple, stupid words like Dr. Phil.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4351
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby Summerlander » 15 Aug 2015 01:25

Yes we are all different but not that different, Hagart. We all have circadian rhythms and sleep cycles, therefore, some things are generic - if not universal. We also have several brief awakenings during the night - most of which are forgotten. If you are fully alert at 3am, you can either go back to sleep or attempt to lucid dream. (But we all know that the best time is after about half a dozen hours when one has been through several cycles and REM is more frequent.)

I don't really understand what homework I gave you and what was so confusing, either. If you read my post properly, you will realise that I have said it can be this simple: awakening > separation attempt > phase state (lucid dreaming).

And a lot of people care about lucid dreaming because such state has perks which mere vivid dreaming does not entail. We are talking about a potentially beneficial hybrid state - so I would suggest you speak for yourself when you say, 'Who cares...'

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

MyCrazyGrandpa
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Aug 2015 12:27

Re: Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby MyCrazyGrandpa » 15 Aug 2015 06:15

Thank you for the help, Summerlander, I really appreciate it I tried WILD, but I ended up staying awake for a couple hours, I plan to try FILD tonight if I don't get into the phase the first time
If Fild doesn't work, then I may try it tomorrow

[ Post made via Android ] Image

MyCrazyGrandpa
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Aug 2015 12:27

Re: Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby MyCrazyGrandpa » 15 Aug 2015 06:17

I usually go to bed between 9 and 12 sometimes I may wake up at 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00

[ Post made via Android ] Image

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3409
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby HAGART » 15 Aug 2015 07:36

You aren't wrong Summerlander. It's just too much to digest for beginners and even me. We can't think of flowcharts when we lucid dream. I agree with you, but it may have been too advanced. Just saying.

There is no math or logic in dreams.

I like you, and I don't want to argue, but I must clarify:
Summerlander wrote:when you say, 'Who cares...
I meant surrender to the dream lucid or not. Go with the flow, but it's not a flowchart!

I'll get back to the main point in question:

MyCrazyGrandpa wrote:I usually go to bed between 9 and 12 sometimes I may wake up at 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00


I sometimes wake up every few hours too all night on occasion. I know how that feels. I don't have insomnia, but you might want to check a doctor about that. On the other hand, waking up every few hours like that is because a sleep cycle lasts about 90 minutes, so it's no surprise you are waking up every 2 hours. It probably takes 30 minutes to sleep and this is all an estimate, but yea, check it out for yourself and look it up.

I just want to help people, but take it all with a grain of salt and I am no expert.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

MyCrazyGrandpa
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Aug 2015 12:27

Re: Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby MyCrazyGrandpa » 15 Aug 2015 12:50

I have a problem, when 3:00 comes around I can't go back to sleep are there any methods that can be used by those who can't sleep?

Or are there any ways I can get sleep?

BTW thanks HAGART

[ Post made via Android ] Image

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4351
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby Summerlander » 15 Aug 2015 20:47

MyCrazyGrandpa wrote:Thank you for the help, Summerlander, I really appreciate it I tried WILD, but I ended up staying awake for a couple hours, I plan to try FILD tonight if I don't get into the phase the first time
If Fild doesn't work, then I may try it tomorrow


Good luck, my friend. Try and explore all methods and see what works best for you! :-)

HAGART wrote:You aren't wrong Summerlander. It's just too much to digest for beginners and even me.


Speak for yourself only. There will be some beginners who will find diagrams easy to understand. And let's face it: What is so difficult about the one above which is from Michael Raduga's guidebook? Anyone can learn it off by heart. I have worked with many subjects for the OOBE Research Center and all of them were thankful for the instructions. Why? Because they were willing to do the work in order to yield interesting experiences.

HAGART wrote:We can't think of flowcharts when we lucid dream.


Why don't you speak for yourself? Try saying 'I' instead of 'we'.

HAGART wrote:There is no math or logic in dreams.


But it takes logic executing methods. Flowcharts are one format that conveys the method. Flowcharts and methods are not dreams. They only help you to get there (in this case).

HAGART wrote:I like you, and I don't want to argue, but I must clarify:
Summerlander wrote:when you say, 'Who cares...
I meant surrender to the dream lucid or not. Go with the flow, but it's not a flowchart!


I couldn't care less whether you like me or not. But if you knew me you'd be aware that I am against surrendering to the dream world. Surrendering to ordinary dreaming reduces your chances of becoming lucid. And surrendering when lucid means you won't go very far. In order to get what you want in lucid dreams you must take the steering wheel. A degree of control is necessary. So this is me saying you are wrong. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

MyCrazyGrandpa
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Aug 2015 12:27

Re: Help needed to have first lucid dream

Postby MyCrazyGrandpa » 16 Aug 2015 23:37

I attempted FILD, but fell asleep, any tips on keeping conciousness?

[ Post made via Android ] Image


Return to “For Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest