A Phantom's Haunting

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Zanuark

A Phantom's Haunting

Postby Zanuark » 16 Aug 2015 01:16

It was about this time of the year since my dog died, and every now and then I am faced with the challenge of remember she is not with me anymore. Her death was rather sudden, as it seemed to be some advanced form of lung cancer. Within a week of her body showing symptoms of anything being wrong, she was gone.

But, this phantom haunts my dreams. I call it a phantom though, because it seems to not effect the rest of my dreams. With each revisit, I wake up, frightened on what is real, and what is fake.

It started shortly after her death, and became recurring. But whats odd is, no one else can see her. She'll approach me in my dreams as if she wants something.

Agh, let me start with how the dream goes normally. At first, everything is going fine. Whether I'm in a dream crushing skulls with the cast of TF2 or roleplay with my friends on various websites, it all starts normal. Everything changes shortly after I get barked out. I normally turn my head and she is staring at me with her ears down to her sides with her fixated on me. Bonnie usually barks against and then rubs her side against me, then gets on her back and holds her paw out. When she was alive, you could rub her belly and then she would hold her paw out for you to high five, then continue to rub her belly.

I would try to do just that but she rolls over and stands up and barks at me and I hear some sort of alarm going off, usually there is a clock that says 8:00 on it, functioning perfectly. 8:00 pm was when she got her milk bone treat. Sometimes the clock is not there and then I wake up, but when it is, I continue to dream. Then she starts running off and I try to chase her. Whats strange is that sometimes I'll be grabbed by someone in my dream and ask where I'm running off to.

I point Bonnie who is stands there, looking adorable wanting attention, and then I sometimes got yelled at, saying nothing is there. Then I wake up.

If I don't get yelled at, I'm able to continue following my dog. There is an opening at the end of where I chase her to, and I follow her into the room she lived in while alive. She had her own couch for a bed that was old and a little torn up, and she jumped up there usually when she got her treat. Every time I try to touch her though, the ground gives way and I begin falling, with my dog watching me fall, barking.

This is starting to drive me insane as it happens every few days, and leaves me awake, and scared for my life. I really needed to get this off my chest, and I would appreciate any support all of you have to offer if there is any.

taniaaust1

Re: A Phantom's Haunting

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2015 17:52

Sounds like you haven't dealt emotionally with her death well yet, maybe a grief counsellor could help you stop dreaming this dream.

Whats strange is that sometimes I'll be grabbed by someone in my dream and ask where I'm running off to.

I point Bonnie who is stands there, looking adorable wanting attention, and then I sometimes got yelled at, saying nothing is there. Then I wake up.

That someone is yourself, your own subconsciousness and as it knows you are dreaming and Bonnie isn't there, hence it is yelling at you saying nothing is there.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”