Can't feel anything in lucid dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
FeelingLucid

Can't feel anything in lucid dreams

Postby FeelingLucid » 18 Aug 2015 12:34

Hey, everyone. I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if my question has already been posted/answered. As you can see it from the title, my problem is that I literally can't feel anything when I become lucid. I've been practising lucid dreaming for about a year and I think I've become pretty good at it. Now I decided to take a break though because having no feelings whatsoever while lucid is the most frustrating thing ever. Well, for me at least. Now I just concentrate on dream incubation and stuff like that which sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. But I want to continue lucid dreaming too. I just don't really have the motivation for it.

I remember when I first became lucid (from a false awakening), everything felt so real, I could have sworn I was awake. That only happened once and it lasted for about 30 secs. Then, I started to have more LDs and so far, I've had like 30. They do last 30 mins now. That's the type of LD I want to have again...when everything feels alive.

Let me share an example. Even if I meet someone I love very very much in an LD and I hug him, I feel nothing. I wake up and I feel as if nothing had happened. It's almost like hugging a rag doll, not a human being. If the same thing happens in a regular dream or if I just hold his hand (also in a regular dream), I feel like I'm the happiest girl ever. And that wonderful feeling stays with me for like the rest of the day.

So, my question is...is there a way to 'learn' how to feel in an LD? Or is it something that should come naturally? Should I practise more? Does anyone have an idea why I don't feel anything while lucid? All kinds of advice is appreciated.

taniaaust1

Re: Can't feel anything in lucid dreams

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2015 13:12

FeelingLucid wrote: So, my question is...is there a way to 'learn' how to feel in an LD? Or is it something that should come naturally? Should I practise more? Does anyone have an idea why I don't feel anything while lucid? All kinds of advice is appreciated.

being able to feel in a LD is a natural thing.

In your case though you have some kind of subconscious block going on which is causing you not to be able to feel (just like some people cant fly in their LDs due to a block but in your case your block is to do with feeling).

It's not about needing more practice but rather about needing to get over the block you have around this, till you get yourself over it (it doesn't matter how many times you do it) you probably will keep having this happening.

You may of also got into like a habit of not being able to feel in a dream so it could also be conforming to your expectation that you will have issues with feeling in your LDs (what we are thinking in LDs often happens. So if you are concerned about something happening in a dream or don't want it to happen, its more likely to happen).

So you need to innerly convince yourself that you can feel in your LDs and then you should be able to do so.

exception..unless your situation currently in real life is affecting how your subconsciousness is expressing itself. For example if you feel like you are having trouble "feeling" emotions in real life eg a person with depression may have this happening, your subconsciousness may express the real life issue by putting it in a way into your dreams eg causing you not to be able to "feel" with tactile senses in a LD. In this case the issue can be harder to get over unless life situation changes but still may be gotten over with strong belief of the opposite situation in your dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”