Question-Please Help!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
myusername

Question-Please Help!

Postby myusername » 18 Aug 2015 23:15

Hi,
Just yesterday I found out about lucid dreaming.
I went onto a WikiHow page and used some of the techniques, not expecting anything to happen as this was my first lucid dream.
Anyway, last night I had a lucid dream.
I don't remember too much, just that I was standing somewhere and I knew I was dreaming.
Then I woke up.
My question is, is it possible for someone to have a lucid dream the first time they try? Or was I just imagining it?
Thanks! :)

musicmyxtress

Re: Question-Please Help!

Postby musicmyxtress » 19 Aug 2015 05:27

Hi.
I don't think you can, persae, imagine a lucid dream. It's happening in your mind after all. It's your consciousness. If your mind was clear, and you knew you were dreaming, chances are good that it was lucidity. Some people get lucid dreams without even knowing what they are, let alone how to iniciate them.
Hope this helps.

taniaaust1

Re: Question-Please Help!

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2015 13:49

Some people are naturals at this and can have a LD the first night after finding out about them, just on thinking and reading about them.

Doubting your experience could make it harder next time as it puts negative idea into your subconsciousness that its harder then it actually was for you. You know you were aware in your dream so accept it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”