Best way to induce a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
missybear

Best way to induce a lucid dream?

Postby missybear » 19 Aug 2015 15:37

I've had accidental LDs when I was younger. I've been trying (albeit only a few nights) and always wake up after a dream, disappointed that I wasn't able to go lucid. I guess so far I am expecting a DILD. Last night, I had a dream where I was playing cards, and yet looking at the cards didn't trigger lucidity. How could I have entered instead?

So now I'm thinking maybe in dreams I'm not aware enough for a DILD--though maybe someday as I've begun doing RC. What might another method for me be? I'm thinking of setting a quiet alarm for my longest deep sleep stretch, at 3am. Would that possibly work?

What are some of your favorite methods for a beginner?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Harry Potter

Re: Best way to induce a lucid dream?

Postby Harry Potter » 21 Aug 2015 18:25

Like you, I have had a few lucid dreams before trying to purposefully LD. When I started about a month ago trying to purposefully LD, it took me two and a half weeks to attain my first purposeful LD. During this time I was using MILD, doing constant reality checks and dreams journaling all the while. The actual lucid dream was not a DILD, I just just went to bed, performed MILD, and at the start of the dream I was Lucid. (This was not a WILD, I had other dreams previous.) My second LD was done through a combination of VILD and WBTB. Those are both worth looking into, if you don't know what they are a simple google search will suffice.
I can't tell you the best method, because it's different for everyone. Some things work for some and not for others. Probably not what you wanted to hear. Realistically, just choose a method and be patient with it. It might take a week, a month, two months. Patience is key.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

Return to “For Beginners”