The dream that prompted me to look for a forum!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
musicmyxtress

The dream that prompted me to look for a forum!

Postby musicmyxtress » 19 Aug 2015 18:39

Hi.
I took a nap yesterday, and I had probably the most lucid dream I have ever had, but then I made the dreaded mistake. I get so absorbed in my dream, that I forget to remind myself I'm dreaming.
First, I dreamed I was flying. I have this weird levitating dream that always repeats for me, where I levitate like five feet, then stop for a few seconds, then another five, etc. Well I realized I was having that dream, so I thought, why levitate alone? Let me see Claudia, a main character in one of my books. She is a very small genius child of about three years, so she was able to ride me piggyback. I realize thinking about it, how vague my characters are in my mind, and that is why dreams are helpful for characters. it tests them on my own self. Anyways, I talked to vague, shadowy Claudia for a moment, then, trying to find something clearer, I conjured up another character, Pippi, a three inch high elf. I'd done a lot with her, so I thought surely... But no, she was vague too. But then, I decided I wanted to be her. I got inside her point of view. I walked and talked as her and it put her into more focus. Then, and I did not choose this, don't ask where it came from, but I changed into the point of view f a spider. A spider? Huh. Then I asked the dream, "what is my greatest inspiration? I thought I would see a music studio or something, but again I was surprised. I stood on what I knew was a high platform above a crowd. A loudspeaker was to my right and someone was talking into it, and the crowd was applauding. Then I was led off the platform to a nice keyboard. I think the keyboard is where I forgot I was dreaming, because I got very fuzzy after that. What on earth do you do if you ask your dream something, and it makes absolutely no sense? An applauding crowd? I'm going for work in a studio! Spiders? That's eerie. LOL. Oh, and I did a reality check I thought I couldn't use because I can't see. They say to look down at your hands and see if they're normal. Well I touched all my fingers, counting them. I had ten on each hand. Weirder. It made me want to find a forum or email list to gush about it on, and I found this forum, and all of Rebeka's articles. I found out you could make music in lucid dreams, and intended to try last night. I got it half right. I got music, but no lucidity. I woke up at 3 AM with a new song, that would have woken the rest of the house up so I couldn't do it. By the morning, I didn't remember it. Oops.

taniaaust1

Re: The dream that prompted me to look for a forum!

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Aug 2015 09:14

Then I asked the dream, "what is my greatest inspiration? I thought I would see a music studio or something, but again I was surprised. I stood on what I knew was a high platform above a crowd. A loudspeaker was to my right and someone was talking into it, and the crowd was applauding

Maybe you get more inspired about doing something when you have others supporting what you are doing, praising you etc???? That could be symbolised by a crowd applauding.

Oh, and I did a reality check I thought I couldn't use because I can't see. They say to look down at your hands and see if they're normal. Well I touched all my fingers, counting them. I had ten on each hand.

That could of screwed up, rather when you count fingers or study hands don't think of seeing if "they are normal" instead think of yourself checking them for any strangeness.

Thinking about normal hands too much could of caused them to be normal during the reality check, which then would cause a reality check failure. Instead when thinking about checking, always put the focus on checking for anything strange and ask yourself "are my hands or fingers strange?" Thankfully hands often make very good reality checks (counting fingers or studying a hand is one of my favourite checks).

Another reality check if you don't have vision in yet, is to put your hand into your pocket and see if anything is in there. One often will find crazy stuff (stuff you'd never put in there) in pockets in LDs. One time I think I found a voucher for a false leg in there or something like that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

musicmyxtress

Re: The dream that prompted me to look for a forum!

Postby musicmyxtress » 20 Aug 2015 14:50

Wow. I've already been using the push your fingers through your palm one, but I've never heard of the pocket one. Thanks.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”