how long will it take for me?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidDreamGal

how long will it take for me?

Postby LucidDreamGal » 24 Aug 2015 01:40

So I haven't a lucid dream yet, but since I JUST discovered the sight and am JUST reading the articles, I assumed it might take a little time. So if I record any dreams I remember in my journal every morning, do reality checks like, twelve times a day and practice the MILD technique (which, by the way, I love!) how long do you think it might take? I'm pretty creative, and as I mentioned in the Introduce yourself forum page, I have an imaginary world in which I invent characters and crazy non-real situations. :) I'm also great at visualizing. I'm asking anyone, but specifically Miss Turner
Thanks!
respects,
LucidDreamGal

FeelingLucid

Re: how long will it take for me?

Postby FeelingLucid » 25 Aug 2015 08:20

Well, for me it took a week to have my first lucid dream which was a WILD! Lucky me, huh? :D That was almost a year ago and I haven't been able to have another WILD ever since. I usually have MILDs. Now I'm trying to get back to lucid dreaming (I stopped months ago). What really helps me inducing MILDs is doing exercises that improve my prospective memory.

We are all different, so I can't say for sure how long it will take for you to have your first one. But with constant practice, I'm sure you don't have to wait for long. Having an imaginary world is the best thing ever, I have one too, though I like to think of it as real (it is REAL :mrgreen: ). I'm sure that will help, it helps me too. Good luck!

LucidDreamGal

Postby LucidDreamGal » 25 Aug 2015 20:14

Really?? I thought I was the only one who had an Imaginary world. And yes, I think of mine as 'real' too. Just forgot to mention that. :mrgreen:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Aug 2015 19:38

No-one can give you any idea of how long it will take you, it really varies with people (some have their first LD the first night they find out about this), others can take months.

Having an imaginary world doesn't necessarily mean it will be easier to LD (though that "can" help one with WILD and entering a dream) as the LD state is a combination of being awake and asleep which is different from just visualisation in which only relaxation is needed and one doesn't need to be holding awareness while asleep.

I think Rebeccas has said somewhere that most or many can achieve a LD within 21 days using good techniques (don't quote me on that though but I think that's what I've read here somewhere).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”