Did I LD and how to control better?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
GoldenJc

Did I LD and how to control better?

Postby GoldenJc » 24 Aug 2015 21:39

Hello everyone. I started trying Lucid Dreaming back in April but sadly got away of it. Recently I have been confused. I was sleeping and I slowly woke up by myself till I could think normally. I kept thinking "this is a dream, go lucid", but nothing happened. I guess I was too awake or something? And just yesterday I had a more weird experience. I was sleeping fully. I was walking by a pool and some of my friends were nearby. They sat near a table by the pool, and I was walking around. I don't remember how, but I just thought to myself "this is a dream", but again nothing really happened. I just slept away I guess.
And for the control related question, I feel like when I dream I don't have any control over my mind. I feel like I can't control nor think when I dream. Lucid dreaming is something that I want to try more than ever. I want to talk to my dead grandfather, fly across the earth and run on open fields. I really want to avoid WILD method or something that can cause Sleep paralysis since I've had it, and it traumatized me lol. I just want to be able to go to bed like usual and feel like I have more control of my dreams.

seanEE

Re: Did I LD and how to control better?

Postby seanEE » 29 Aug 2015 17:26

this is what happens me, I'm dreaming and then spontaneously become lucid, but when i wake up i realise I've done loads of really dumb stuff, which makes me think maybe i wasn't lucid after all.
''you must excuse my personality''

Summerlander

Re: Did I LD and how to control better?

Postby Summerlander » 29 Aug 2015 17:46

One can still exhibit irrational thinking in lucid dreams. In other words, you can still be mistaken in your logic despite knowing that what surrounds you is a dream. Check out this link to understand why:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13266

But I would append that the sharpest degrees of lucidity have the least propensity for 'bizarre thinking'.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”