My first LUCID DREAM of length!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
I<3LDS

My first LUCID DREAM of length!!

Postby I<3LDS » 27 Aug 2015 14:00

I'm so excited I have to share! I've had 3 or 4 brief lucid dreams that ended very quickly. I have been journaling, reading EVERYTHING LD related, practicing techniques, talking to my inner Self, and meditating. And it happened. I had a few vivid dreams last night and then woke up in bed (I thought!). My wife was laying behind me talking to me but couldn't hear her. I asked her to speak up she said ok but I still couldn't hear her. I realized something wasn't right and became lucid. I told her I was going to float to the ceiling and she said ok. And I did! I floated down the hall and into a living room. I realized that it wasn't my house that we were in. It was dark. I need to deepen so I started rubbing my hands together. They felt very sluggish at first and then more normal. I could feel the friction and heat.
I asked for dream figures to appear but didn't see any (plenty were outside!) I went out on the porch. There were hanging plants. I floated to them and began feeling the leaves. They were so real and vibrant. I was so very excited and realized that my emotions were way too high. I told my self to calm down and I did. Immediately the dream became much more stable and calm. I began going towards another house. A man walked by not really noticing me. I called out to him and said hello and waved. He looked suprised that I spoke to him, grinned, and kept walking. As I was approaching the fenced in back yard of another house I noticed 3 dogs and some men in the yard. I wanted to call the dogs to me but was a little afraid. Then I saw a pine tree next to me. I wanted to feel the pine needles so I floated up to them. They were such a dark luscious green and felt so real and prickly. I felt something on my leg. I looked down and it was one of the dogs jumping up and down wagging his tail wanting attention. I began petting him. His coat was so soft and fluffy. He was so happy. Dream ended.
I'm so happy right now!!! I certainly would like advice from veterans on what I could have done better/differently to make this an even better Lucid Dream. To my fellow beginners - DON'T GIVE UP!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Summerlander

Re: My first LUCID DREAM of length!!

Postby Summerlander » 27 Aug 2015 15:10

Well done! You have just identified incoherent speech or mumbling as a potential dream sign. And you also took deepening into consideration which probably helped you to lengthen the lucid dream state. I think you're on the right path so keep practising. Besides calming down, try not to be scared of anything. It is your world ― you are god there! Like Neo, you must believe you can do anything. Thanks for sharing and hopefully other noobs will follow suit.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Re: My first LUCID DREAM of length!!

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Aug 2015 18:51

Sounds like you did everything right and did well with this. :)

I asked for dream figures to appear but didn't see any (plenty were outside!)

But you did make them appear!

One thing I don't think you realised though, is your dream characters or things you are trying to manifest whether characters or whatever, they don't usually instantly appear in front of you eg for dream characters.. look for them behind you or walk to another room or outside expecting to see them or think of them coming to you from outside or from another room.

. I wanted to call the dogs to me but was a little afraid. Then I saw a pine tree next to me. I wanted to feel the pine needles so I floated up to them. They were such a dark luscious green and felt so real and prickly. I felt something on my leg. I looked down and it was one of the dogs jumping up and down wagging his tail

The dog coming to you, you manifested that into your dream as you wanted to call the dogs to you so you did want them to com to you, so you created one coming to you.

See your dream as a great example of how your thoughts in dreams manifest things easily. I think you did well not focusing on being afraid when you felt that with the dogs (which could of easily led into a bit of a nightmarish LD if you had focused on the fear so it was good you put your focus onto something else).

All the things you think about in a dream even if you think briefly, often will appear in it.

Did you smell the pine needles :) , if not, that is something you could do next time. The more of your waking senses you use in a LD the more stable the dream usually is.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”