I just can't do it.

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Wertyu

I just can't do it.

Postby Wertyu » 28 Aug 2015 18:02

I've tried so hard, lose interest, repeat.

I've hit a rough spot in my life so I wish to start again, will my poor mood affect my chances of lucid dreaming? I just want to escape.

And I also think I found my dream sign. Is not an object, character or some weird stuff, its the theme of my dreams that I think is my dream sign. And all dreams have the same theme: Violence.

In every dream recently for some time, I'm being attacked or chased. Zombies, Strigoi (The Strain, awesome show, watch it!), aliens I think and today I think I was attacked by a family member.

Examples of my lucid dreams written in my dream journal:

Attacked my lickers in a building that looks like my old college, except it isn't.

I was Batman's sidekick and we were stealing sweets.

Was a teenage girl at university that was attacked by aliens, reading this I remember this dream quite clearly now, it was quite awesome. In the end of the dream, the aliens turned Humans into mindless people and I bumped into clowns and woke up.

This is my most varied dream: I was Skitter from a online book series, got bullied on a train. 2nd part of the dream I was in some exotic market, got attacked by an African man, got attacked again later.

The Strigoi dream.

I was a teenage girl again and these girls were gossiping about me.

Also I forgot to mention, some dreams I have a faint awareness of the situation. The Strigoi dream (they have long tongues to suck blood in their mouth), they kept trying to grab me and I tried to fight back, it was just a constant struggle, I am barely free, they are seconds to get me.

The best example to describe is: You are running away in your dream, someone is trying to catch up to you, no matter how hard you try to force yourself to run, this person whatever just comes up to you in the same speed or faster. Its like a constant never-ending struggle, no matter how hard you try, its not hard enough, something is stopping you. Anyone ever felt this?

Summerlander

Re: I just can't do it.

Postby Summerlander » 28 Aug 2015 18:59

I've hit a rough spot in my life so I wish to start again, will my poor mood affect my chances of lucid dreaming? I just want to escape.

Can you describe that 'rough spot' for me? Equanimity of mind will always be far more advantageous in the practice of lucid dreaming than mental turmoil. Perhaps the answer to your problem is not to follow your intuitive urge to escape, but rather, to face that rough spot and strengthen your mind.

And I also think I found my dream sign. Is not an object, character or some weird stuff, its the theme of my dreams that I think is my dream sign. And all dreams have the same theme: Violence.

That's good! Study your dreams; identify more patterns; get into the habit of performing several reality checks during the day; and have an action plan ready for execution when you finally achieve lucidity in a dream. You should be able to reach full-fledged waking consciousness during REM sleep.

The best example to describe is: You are running away in your dream, someone is trying to catch up to you, no matter how hard you try to force yourself to run, this person whatever just comes up to you in the same speed or faster. Its like a constant never-ending struggle, no matter how hard you try, its not hard enough, something is stopping you. Anyone ever felt this?

I used to be blighted by nightmares of this sort during my childhood. These days, when such dream plots threaten to manifest, I tend to become lucid. (Sometimes lucidity arrives late, but when it does, I either turn around to confront the pursuer—whom I know isn't real—or I fly away to another scene.)

Turn such dream plots into dream cues for lucidity—bearing in mind that lucid dreaming is a potential antidote for any nightmare and a tool for knowing thyself. So here is your motivation: mental exploration!

Change your attitude from can't to can. With the former, you've already set a premature limit for yourself and given up (defeatist); with the latter, you remain positive and can allow yourself to progress.

Good luck! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

yosa2

Re: I just can't do it.

Postby yosa2 » 21 Apr 2016 01:07

Your last point, man is that a cue for recognition of a dreaming state; you need to recognize its a dream first, there will be cues, the level of sleep will limit your cognitive ability inside the dream, based on your level of sleep, you may certainly remember upon waking, and all the permutations of the dream, but liklely it will be hard to understand.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”