Shared Dreaming

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
KristinsDreams
Posts: 10
Joined: 31 Aug 2015 00:17

Shared Dreaming

Postby KristinsDreams » 31 Aug 2015 00:59

My husband and I have experienced "Shared Dreaming" two times now. Last night was the second time this has happened and the first time was about eight years ago. When this has happened (in both cases), we have dreamed the same exact dream and we were both in the dream with each other. We also both had the knowledge that we were together and we were working together to accomplish some kind of goal (though neither of us could remember the goal when we awoke). In the first one eight years ago, we were at an amusement park together and last night we were in some type of a pod with each other. I chalked it up to a very odd experience with some type of supernatural qualities the first time that it happened but this time I decided to dig a bit deeper to see if there are others that have experienced something similar. These dreams were not cases of two people having dreams that were coincidentally similar. Our feelings in the dream were the same - almost a feeling of knowledge about what we were experiencing, we had the dreams at the same exact time and both woke up from the dreams at the same exact time after the dreams were completed, we both remember a goal that we were trying to reach together or an end-result that we were trying to accomplish during the dreams, and we were both aware of the other's presence during the dreams.

I have always had experiences with the paranormal world (in many different ways) and I have experienced dream paralysis since I was 15 years old. My husband has never experienced anything paranormal or even paranormal-related. He never recalls having any dreams and never really has. He says that he doesn't dream at all.

Kristin

attorneydavid
Posts: 2
Joined: 30 Aug 2015 07:15

Re: Shared Dreaming

Postby attorneydavid » 31 Aug 2015 02:36

That's super cool. Could really change your world view especially if others have experienced the same thing.

KristinsDreams
Posts: 10
Joined: 31 Aug 2015 00:17

Re: Shared Dreaming

Postby KristinsDreams » 31 Aug 2015 04:48

Thanks for the reply! I think that it could really be something mind-opening and life-changing (to an extent) if we could learn more about this. I researched Shared Dreaming today for the first time (I didn't even know what to call it prior to researching today), and there is little information out there. There are many studies but no conclusive results (as with most studies involving the power of the mind), and everything that I have found in relation to the subject suggests that an experience such as ours (unprovoked, unattempted, recalled, simentanious and exact duplication on both parts) is not only impossible, but also unheard of. I refuse to believe that. If it has happened with my husband and I, I know it has happened to others.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

User avatar
Lonely Tear
Posts: 56
Joined: 02 Sep 2015 22:53

Re: Shared Dreaming

Postby Lonely Tear » 02 Sep 2015 23:15

Hello, Tear here.

i have heard some stories of how people with strong connections in their lives can have shared lucid dreams. you 2 are the 3. example i have came across so far.
Sadly i dont have anyone special in my life, let alone someone that knows how to lucid dream...
but it sounds like a rather intresting experience. i do meet all sorts of characters in my dreams with their own names and personalitys, but i really long for chance to share my dreams with someone ^^
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

KristinsDreams
Posts: 10
Joined: 31 Aug 2015 00:17

Re: Shared Dreaming

Postby KristinsDreams » 03 Sep 2015 19:48

Hi Tear,

Thanks for the response. I have been digging and digging through research and people's experiences for days now to try to find anything out there that is similar. The thing is that I don't ever even TRY to lucid dream, have an out of body experience, dream share, or anything else. These things just happen when they happen and it leaves me wondering what all is out there and whom all has experienced things such as I have. I do not really care to dig deeper into the dream world and practice lucid dreaming or dream sharing and especially not out-of-body-experiences (that is pretty scary when it happens). I just want to know that there are others that this has happened to and if they tried to do it or if it happened with no effort. I was told (about 8 years ago) by a person that practices "white magic" (or in my opinion, tapping into the multi-dimensional world on a quantum level), that I could reach master levels of astral projection, living out of body on command, lucid dreaming as well as tapping into my already super sensitivity to the paranormal world, if I put just a small amount of effort into it. That isn't really what I'm going for at all - just another soul to share information and experiences with so that we can both gain a better understanding. Again, thanks so much for your reply! :-)

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4346
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Shared Dreaming

Postby Summerlander » 03 Sep 2015 21:48

Your opinion about the multi-dimensional world on a quantum level ... is it an informed opinion? If so, pray tell... :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

KristinsDreams
Posts: 10
Joined: 31 Aug 2015 00:17

Re: Shared Dreaming

Postby KristinsDreams » 05 Sep 2015 01:44

Hi Summerlander! I do not have any opinions that are uninformed. I find it impossible to form any opinion whatsoever unless there is adequate information provided and/or sought after. I am not a Quantum Mechanics expert but I do study it and find that it gives logical explanations for many things that are otherwise unexplained. As far as the multi-dimensional world goes, I believe (as do many in the scientific community) that there are numerous dimensions within our universe and that our physical bodies keep us grounded in the dimension that we are in - the world that we see around us. I believe that things; such as Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Shared Dreaming, some cases of Sleep Paralysis, Spiritual Encounters (including "ghost sightings"), and other things that deal with some form of other-worldly experience; are us being able to connect our soul/spirit (whatever you may call it) to these other dimensions and what lies within them. I am also of the belief that everything is interconnected and that we are able to set our own vibrations to match the life-experience that we would like to have and make them a possibility. The fact that we have not been able to study the mind (not brain, but the intangible mind) to a degree that leaves us with a vast understanding of it, prompts me to be of the opinion that understanding the mind/soul/spirit/whatever you call it, is the key to understanding the things that are, for now, little understood. After saying all of that I will include that the study of science (and especially the Quantum theories and studies) has proven (to me) the existence of an intelligent creator (God). I know that this is much different from what most people find when they delve into science, as most use it as their means to disprove God and an intelligent creation. The deeper I journey into my studies, the more apparent it is that there is no way possible that our existence, the universe's existence, or our experiences (or anything at all for that matter), is an accidental occurrence that sprung everything into existence out of nothing. I felt that I needed to add that because that is an important part of my own experiences. Our personal beliefs (all of us) are an important aspect of our lives.

Thank you for your reply! Please let me know if you have any experiences or beliefs, views, information, research, or anything that relates to my experience. I would certainly love to hear different perspectives!

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4346
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Shared Dreaming

Postby Summerlander » 05 Sep 2015 14:44

KristinsDreams wrote:Hi Summerlander! I do not have any opinions that are uninformed. I find it impossible to form any opinion whatsoever unless there is adequate information provided and/or sought after. I am not a Quantum Mechanics expert but I do study it and find that it gives logical explanations for many things that are otherwise unexplained.


I wouldn't say 'logical'. If anything, human logic appears to go out the window at the subatomic level. Time increments are so lacking at the quantum level that the de Broglie wave of an electron, for instance, can allow it to be in two places at the same time. Its wave is spread out throughout the universe and hence why the uncertainty principle when measuring the particle is more salient compared to a golf ball's. There is a reconciliation gap between the classical and the quantum — indeed we still need to devise an eloborate theory on quantum gravity — but this does not mean that something supernatural has to be at play. Quantum theory still allows us to make very precise measurements and predictions; and Newton's laws of cause-and-effect are still applicable in our deterministic macro-level.

You must be careful not to jump the gun with your New Age assumptions as anything that hasn't been fully clarified by science always tends to be a potential 'God of the Gaps'. (I hope you know what I mean by this — example: the eclipse used to be mysterious and thought to be the work of deities until people like Copernicus and Galileo blew us all out of the water with their observations and calculations. Now we have the quantum and too many people are willing to say, 'Well, we don't fully understand it so that's where God and spirit realms hide.')

It's funny how, over the centuries, the gap where He hides went from the gigantic cosmological dimensions that awed and baffled our ancestors to tiny darkened rooms where people sit around a table ready for a séance. :mrgreen:

KristinsDreams wrote:As far as the multi-dimensional world goes, I believe (as do many in the scientific community) that there are numerous dimensions within our universe and that our physical bodies keep us grounded in the dimension that we are in - the world that we see around us.


You need to slow down. There are many interpretations to quantum theory. One such interpretation is the Many-Worlds. (According to it, there is no wave collapse at measurement and all possibilities pan out in different universes.) But such is only an interpretation. Theoretical physisist Michio Kaku, for example, let's the layman know that if such universes exist, they have 'decohered' from our cosmological history long ago (from the time of the Big Bang).

Our physical bodies, by the way, are objects of this universe, with their brains which, as neuroscientific evidence strongly suggests, generate all the faculties of the mind. (We know mental faculties depend on a working noodle when we observe what happens to people with damaged or malfunctioning cerebra.) :geek:

KristinsDreams wrote:I believe that things; such as Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Shared Dreaming, some cases of Sleep Paralysis, Spiritual Encounters (including "ghost sightings"), and other things that deal with some form of other-worldly experience; are us being able to connect our soul/spirit (whatever you may call it) to these other dimensions and what lies within them.


Belief is no good without evidence. Scientists at CERN have discovered something like their theoretical Higgs field — which bestows all particles their mass; they have also detected the effects of dark matter — the invisible 'glue' that holds galaxies together — in space; and yet they cannot find the soul — which, according to Descartes, grossly controls physical bodies — in the brain. If anything, this soul malarkey should be more noticeable than the Higgs boson. (A soul wouldn't even explain consciousness as one could still ask: How is it conscious?) So far, evidence points to us being nothing more than biological, haphazard 'robots' of nature.

KristinsDreams wrote:The fact that we have not been able to study the mind (not brain, but the intangible mind) to a degree that leaves us with a vast understanding of it, prompts me to be of the opinion that understanding the mind/soul/spirit/whatever you call it, is the key to understanding the things that are, for now, little understood.


That's not necessarily true. In fact, Buddhists and non-Buddhist meditators alike have been observing the contents of their mind for millennia, literally studying their conscious conceptions in a subjective manner (introspectively) and have been able to attain great insights about the mind and its delusions. One of the insights is called 'anatta' (no-self) a realisation that the waking ego is nothing but a user illusion. Scientists may be able to point at a brain and say, 'These are the neural correlates of consciousness,' but, of course, we wouldn't perceive the intrinsic awareness of that brain (we'd just see brain mass!). In order to perceive the consciousness of said brain, you'd have to be it. Why? Because that is the nature of consciousness ― the what it is like to be epiphenomenon begotten by a physical gestalt system so complex that we are still working on the puzzle. The brain has millions of years of evolution; it is the most complex organ we know — so it's not surprising that its 'software' is so hard to decipher! :shock:

KristinsDreams wrote:The deeper I journey into my studies, the more apparent it is that there is no way possible that our existence, the universe's existence, or our experiences (or anything at all for that matter), is an accidental occurrence that sprung everything into existence out of nothing. I felt that I needed to add that because that is an important part of my own experiences. Our personal beliefs (all of us) are an important aspect of our lives.


It's funny because I arrived at quite the opposite. :lol:

If the multiverse (or megaverse) is true — as quantum mechanics strongly suggests — then there will be a cornucopia of universes whose cosmological constants did not permit life to emerge. (Think about the waste and why an Intelligent Designer would do this!) Moreover, if in terms of life our universe is a 'jackpot', then, anthropically speaking, only such universe can be consciously experienced (because that's where life happens to be). (As you can see, this explanation requires no deities, no magic, and clearly shows that our needle-in-a-haystack cosmos is not something that is impossible, but rather, something improbable (to our minds) which had to logically happen when a vast multiverse of all possible worlds is added to the equation.) Someone will win the lottery if there are so many contestants playing for so long! :mrgreen:

And if you think this universe is perfect and quite hospitable to life, think again. Most of the universe (look at space) is inhospitable to life. The cosmos is quite violent and, I should add, impersonal! (Some Intelligent Designer, eh?) Even on Earth, our home planet, tens of thousands are killed by natural disasters. There is even a parasite that has evolved to burrow into the eyes of little children in order to eat their brains and lay eggs so that its survival is ensured! (Who designed that? Someone worthy of worship?) :sad:

Engineers also look at the human eye and see that it evolved in a slapdash, hazardous manner and can think of numerous ways in which this so-called godly design can be improved. Divine intelligence or clumsy old man in heaven? :mrgreen:

If this universe was intelligently designed, we wouldn't need glasses and wouldn't have blind spots that restrict our vision. Our sight would be sharper than an eagle's. Nobody would wear glasses and cancers wouldn't exist. I invite you to read any book about evolutionary biology and you will see why everything is the product of natural selection — no Designer behind it. You will learn that evolution can be quite slapdash; that 99% of the species that ever lived on Earth went extinct (making 'extinction the rule and survival the exception', as Carl Sagan once put it); and that, despite the reality that 'superhumans' (people exceeding in all areas) are possible in principle, all nature seems to produce is mediocrity — hence why scientists can see so many ways in which our world can be improved.

Last but not least, a Creator is no explanation for the existence of our universe. If anything, such postulation is an exaggerated piece of uninformed, inductive logic that aggravates the problem of the universe's origins and violates Occam's razor. For a universe to have been intelligently created by a god or deity, this one would have to be just as complex as its creation (if not more complex) and this means that you end up with the same problem: Who created the Creator? If you say He's always been, you lose, because it's like saying, 'It's magic!' and then I won't be able to take you at face value. :mrgreen:

As you might have heard, there are rich scientific theories for the beginning which can work without the God assumption. (Just like in forensics you don't need the supernatural hypothesis when you are working towards solving the scene of a crime.) When we study the roots of reality (and I'm surprised you don't know this one seen as you are quite the armchair quantum physicist) we find that a state of nothingness at that level is highly unstable. If you get nothing on a quantum level, the potential for something to emerge is just enormous. Hence the Big Bang and the cosmological expansion that still goes on to this day. Hubble's law fits in with this nicely — as the physicist Lawrence Krauss pointed out in his presentation on the latest in cosmology. No God required, only physical forces.

KristinsDreams wrote:Thank you for your reply! Please let me know if you have any experiences or beliefs, views, information, research, or anything that relates to my experience. I would certainly love to hear different perspectives!


I'm glad you ask. :-)

Here's me on God: :-D

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15030

Here's me on prolonging lucid dreaming, practising meditation, and some experiences: 8-)

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

Here are my views on anatta (no-self), enlightenment, the nature of mind and consciousness, and even experiences with drugs: :mrgreen:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16533

Finally, let me share with you what a wise man once said:

'Mankind have conceived to themselves certain laws, by which what they call nature is supposed to act; and that miracle is something contrary to the operation and effect of those laws; but unless we know the whole extent of those laws, and of what are commonly called the powers of nature, we are not able to judge whether anything that may appear to us wonderful or miraculous be within, or be beyond, or be contrary to, her natural power of acting.

'If we are to suppose a miracle to be something so entirely out of the course of what is called nature, that she must go out of that course to accomplish it, and we see an account given of such miracle by the person who said he saw it, it raises a question in the mind very easily decided, which is, is it more probable that nature should go out of her course, or that a man should tell a lie? We have never seen, in our time, nature go out of her course; but we have good reason to believe that millions of lies have been told in the same time; it is therefore, at least millions to one, that the reporter of a miracle tells a lie.'


THOMAS PAINE; The Age of Reason

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

KristinsDreams
Posts: 10
Joined: 31 Aug 2015 00:17

Re: Shared Dreaming

Postby KristinsDreams » 07 Sep 2015 20:26

Hi Summerlander! Thanks for the response. I appreciate your willingness to share your feelings on these different subject matters. I also appreciate your obvious understanding of Quantum Mechanics! I am absolutely fascinated by string theory and hope that soon it will be accountable for unifying gravity and quantum mechanics. Of course in order to agree with any suggestions of string theory we must first prove its claim of 10 (minimum) physical dimensions. As we only have access and knowledge (proven) to four (width, height, time and depth), string theory isn't an exact science (hence the "theory" part). I can think of quite a few crazy ideas that began as theory and is now proven fact.

In your response, you mentioned "your New Age assumptions" (which by the way, is not the case - I detest the New Age trend that is happening around us) and throughout the entire response you were very quick to try to "debunk" (or more accurately, disagree) many things that I mentioned. It almost seemed as if you were letting me know how very silly you think my ideas, beliefs (and I somewhat agree with you about the "Belief is no good without evidence.", but I think that your thoughts on that may be a bit too narrow on the subject), understanding of subjects I'm speaking on, and my overall knowledge. I do understand your seeing-is-believing (evidence and proof makes things real), and I appreciate your insight, but I believe that you will be very disappointed one day when/if you ever realize what it is to have an understanding of things that you cannot necessarily touch, see, hear and prove to others. Many a great men and women and taken their ideas and beliefs to the extremes and science is now further developed thanks to those "crazy nuts".

Thank you for your response. I checked out the links that you provided. I am really looking for people that have shared-dreaming experience or knowledge. Do you happen to have some solid explanation for how two minds connect when in the dream-state? I must admit, I did not read through all that you wrote. I have not had the time. I did not even see your response until today. I will go back through them to see if you have an opinion/educated guess or even a scientific explanation on it. I have found quite a few explanations from the scientific community but again, theories.

Allow me to share some wise words from a wise man as well! :-)

“This sense of wonder leads most scientists to a Superior Being – der Alte, the Old One, as Einstein affectionately called the Deity – a Superior Intelligence, the Lord of all Creation and Natural Law.”

—Abdus Salam, winner of the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work in electroweak theory.

KristinsDreams
Posts: 10
Joined: 31 Aug 2015 00:17

Re: Shared Dreaming

Postby KristinsDreams » 07 Sep 2015 21:12

Correction: The last paragraph was worded poorly because after rereading it I realize that it could be taken as meaning that I did not read your entire response to my post. I did. Thoroughly. I was referring to the links that you provided. I will read through those when I have the time. :-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image


Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests