A year of effort finally paid off!!!!!!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
odubay

A year of effort finally paid off!!!!!!

Postby odubay » 01 Sep 2015 18:07

I posted a while ago with some of my issues dreaming but I continued my routine, and I have actually had a lucid dream! :D It has been almost exactly a full year since I discovered lucid dreaming and while I have been quite diligent with dream journaling and practicing techniques the most I ever achieved was a brief moment of question in my mind where I thought I might be dreaming. This lucid dream was not exactly intentional and I had set no intention and wasn't practicing any technique purposely, but anyway here is the story:

Yesterday I went to take a nap and set my alarm for 30 minutes. However I was exhausted and turned my alarm off quickly and drifted back off trying to reclaim my dream. The next thing I know I am without a doubt dreaming and I can feel how close I am to waking up, one wrong thought could do it. So I determine not to do a reality check :) :? as I worry it might wake me up. Then I spend some time practicing jumping (as I remembered not to try flying) and just exploring my front yard. I cut my foot on the fence and it actually hurt! At this point I lost some of my clarity and things became a little vague I started showing off to one of my siblings and their friend, who decided I was lame and hit my with a baseball bat (which hurt a lot!) Then everything dissolved into a fascinating regular dream and I woke up and hour later feeling absolutely thrilled!

The best I can describe the way in which I became lucid was a cross between a fast WBTB and a DEILD.

Anyways I am excited to post this as I know that was a life changing moment and nobody I know seems to think dreaming is more than mildly interesting and definitely nothing to waste time or energy on. Thanks for reading!

taniaaust1

Re: A year of effort finally paid off!!!!!!

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Sep 2015 19:20

The next thing I know I am without a doubt dreaming and I can feel how close I am to waking up, one wrong thought could do it. So I determine not to do a reality check :) :? as I worry it might wake me up.

The reason a person does a reality check is just to find out if you are dreaming. So if you know this already, it would be pointless doing one (and actually then can be a bad thing to do as reality checks can sometimes fail).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Re: A year of effort finally paid off!!!!!!

Postby Summerlander » 01 Sep 2015 20:55

I think reality checks are useful―especially after 'separating' from the perceived sleeping body 'stencil'.

Once you get up hoping you will be standing in the dream world, a reality check may help to confirm success or failure as movement can often feel physically real and cast doubts in the practitioner's mind―which sometimes leads individuals to erroneously believe that they stand in the real world when they are, in fact, dreaming with waking consciousness.

In this sense, reality checks are not pointless at all. They don't necessarily put an end to the conscious dream either―unless, of course, one is thinking it will. A reality check in itself can simultaneously act as an 'anchor' that may even help to stabilise the dream world.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”