Technique Trouble

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
flameo0

Technique Trouble

Postby flameo0 » 04 Sep 2015 03:27

Hey there, Jaime here

I'm new to lucid dreaming, and I've been at this for about 2 months now, and I need help on what lucid dreaming technique to use. To tell a bit about myself, I have never had a lucid dream. I have trouble sleeping sometimes, not insomnia, but I usually take near an hour to fall asleep. I usualy have trouble attempting WILDs because of my inability to relax enough to fall asleep. I usually have to end the the attempt myself, since it takes too long without getting anywhere. Perhaps I just don't know how to relax properly, but trying to sleep has never worked for me. On MILDs, my affirmations, no matter how heartfelt, never seem to make it into my dreams, an I don't remember doing them until morning. WBTB has rarely worked for me because, once I wake up and do something, I cannot fall back asleep, until I give up thinking about, well thinking, whether it be trying to fall asleep, or a WILD. I could keep going on, but the gist of it is that I cannot fall asleep if I am purposely thinking of something. So right now, I need help on what I should do, whether it be a new technique, or something to help me fall asleep. I'd really appreciate if someone could lend their knowledge, thanks.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: Technique Trouble

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Sep 2015 14:23

Sounds like WILD techniques may not be for you.

You make no mention of the other things people often do to have LDs eg reality checks etc.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

JassieKaren

Postby JassieKaren » 11 Sep 2015 11:19

I'm kinda new too but you can take my advice if you'd like to, I feel like you're stressing a little too much about it and that might be the cause of why it's so hard for you to go anywhere when inducing a MILD and a WILD, I've seen a blog post suggesting sleep breathing, what you do is mimic your breathing pattern/ rhythm to fool your body that it is in the state of sleep, and from there you go in to sleep paralysis and finally into a visualising a dream (basically a WILD).
Just remember lucid dreaming should be something fun and exiting, So relax and believe in yourself :D .
Dare to Explore. Even in your wildest dreams.

flameo0

Postby flameo0 » 12 Sep 2015 02:02

JassieKaren wrote:I'm kinda new too but you can take my advice if you'd like to, I feel like you're stressing a little too much about it and that might be the cause of why it's so hard for you to go anywhere when inducing a MILD and a WILD, I've seen a blog post suggesting sleep breathing, what you do is mimic your breathing pattern/ rhythm to fool your body that it is in the state of sleep, and from there you go in to sleep paralysis and finally into a visualising a dream (basically a WILD).
Just remember lucid dreaming should be something fun and exiting, So relax and believe in yourself :D .

Hey thanks, that could be it, although I don't feel like I'm stressing too much, I can definitely how focusing on my breathing could help. Hopefully it'll work, but although WILDs have been pretty unsuccesful, I nearly had DILD a couole days ago, I realised mid flight, that I was dreaming, and I got a feeling of near-awareness, then I woke up. So I might have better success in other techniques, but I'll keep practicing a few and hopefully I can get one to work. Again, thanks for the advice.

-Jaime

flameo0

Postby flameo0 » 12 Sep 2015 02:09

taniaaust1 wrote:Sounds like WILD techniques may not be for you.

You make no mention of the other things people often do to have LDs eg reality checks etc.

Sorry for the lack of clarity, I do reality checks regularly, to little result. I have tried most techniques, although I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me others you think I've missed. Who knows, maybe you're right, and WILDs are not for me. If so, I really would appreciate it if you could tell me some other techniques, nothing nitty gritty, just the name, I could do the research part. Thanks!

-Jaime

Return to “For Beginners”