Dreaming a very lucid dream in the future? what is it?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LightHL

Dreaming a very lucid dream in the future? what is it?

Postby LightHL » 06 Sep 2015 07:26

I'm puzzle by my "very" lucid dream last night. I have dreamt being in the office where I currently work, saying good bye to my coworkers. It was December 2015 and I knew I was fired and felt absolutely embarrased looking at all my friends staying and me leaving. It really felt real. I didn't see my boss at all, I just knew I was fired.
I have had many lucid dreams in life however this was in the future, very unusual. What this could mean?

Summerlander

Re: Dreaming a very lucid dream in the future? what is it?

Postby Summerlander » 06 Sep 2015 12:46

I think you are mistaking 'lucid' for 'vivid'. A lucid dream is a dream in which you know you're dreaming. A vivid dream is simply realistic in terms of perceptual quality but you aren't necessarily lucid.

In the dream you've described, you were embarassed and thought you were fired. That's not a lucid dream. More like a very intense, non-lucid nightmare.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”