Proper Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lanaisthebomb

Proper Lucid Dream

Postby lanaisthebomb » 08 Sep 2015 11:36

Last night I had my first 'proper' lucid dream, as I have only ever had one other one that lasted for 30 seconds. This lucid dream was amazing, and I realised I was dreaming when I was with my girlfriend and her brother and we walked past my street. I decided for some unknown reason that I wanted to walk back past my street again, but my girlfriend and her brother said "no, no don't walk back past", trying to stop me. However, I did it anyway and the dream scene had changed. I suddenly realised 'I am dreaming!'. My girlfriend and her brother said "hahaha! You caught us! You finally did it", and they acted like it was a joke, like they were trying to keep it from me the whole time, which I feel is insanely fascinating! I have been reading a Lucid Dreaming book for a little while, and I learnt that I can ask my dream figures what they mean. So I asked my girlfriend, "what do you mean?" She replied with, "I symbolise the people who have betrayed your trust. I am the untrustworthy people in your life." I'm going to end the dream there, as there is more to it, but from this dream I have a question:

Do dream figures symbolise the same thing in each dream, or do they change within dreams?

I know they're figments of my subconscious, but does this mean my subconscious believes my girlfriend is untrustworthy?

taniaaust1

Re: Proper Lucid Dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Oct 2015 11:15

Do dream figures symbolise the same thing in each dream, or do they change within dreams?

I know they're figments of my subconscious, but does this mean my subconscious believes my girlfriend is untrustworthy?

Dream figures do not necessarily always symbolise the same thing. One dream figure can symbolise many different things to a person, the same goes with objects. One can with years of study of ones dreams, learn the various things things in your dreams symbolise for you.

Seeing you got what you did, obviously you consciously or subconsciously do not trust your girlfriend in some way OR your girlfriend could be representing a part of yourself which you don't trust. Anything in dreams can also be representing oneself so the girlfriend isn't necessarily representing her being untrustworthy...maybe there is a part of yourself which you don't trust or isn't trustworthy.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”