I used my obsession with Fall Out Boy to become lucid

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
edgydreamer

I used my obsession with Fall Out Boy to become lucid

Postby edgydreamer » 11 Sep 2015 23:37

So I haven't tried lucid dreaming in a while but I've been having some quite random dreams. I just remember bits of them but it still excites me since I haven't had good dream recall for a while and now I'm getting back into it. Anyway...

Last night I woke up at 4 in the morning and being a mild insomniac I couldn't get back to sleep until 6 but when I went back to sleep I had this dream.

Basically I was sitting on a car bonnet on make out cliff [like that cliff in high school movies where kids make out in cars] and I was with my friends and we where discussing this [let's call my friends A and B] group chat that was called 'A appreciation group' and we were discussing how weird it was. Then it turned out we were in the car park for Reading Festival [it doesn't actually look like it did in the dream] so we went into the festival.

Now before I continue I should explain something. For a few months now I've been obsessed with a pop punk band called Fall Out Boy. Like really obsessed, like I know all the songs and everything about them. They've also saved my life multiple times so I always thought it was weird that they never made an appearance in my dreams until a few nights ago.

So we went into Reading Festival [which looked nothing like it does in real life] and Fall Out Boy were playing. Apparently Andy and Joe were sick so it was just Pete and Patrick. I remember they were doing this weird performance about creatures of the night on stage and they played America's Suitehearts and another song which I don't remember [I remember it was one of their bigger hits]. So I was moshing and having a good time when my friend B calls them sell outs so I get angry and then she insults their stage presence. I remember her saying 'they sucked at the Black Clouds and Underdogs tour [FOB's 2005 tour] you took me to and they suck here.'

Now this is where it gets weird; a few nights ago I had a dream where I took this friend to see a BCs and UDs concert in a basement. I barely remember the dream except I remember the exact set list. So in the dream last night I had a flashback to this and I defended them by saying 'Well they performed I've got a dark alley... there and that song is about Pete's suicide attempt so they must've been emotional.'

Then I start to think 'wait but FOB said they'd never play that live because it's too personal. Come to think of it they didn't play Sugar We're Going Down or any of the most popular songs from From Under The Cork Tree at that concert which is really weird. And why would they do another BCs and UDs tour 10 years later? I must be dreaming.' Since my knowledge of this band is so strong I didn't even bother to reality check and ran onto stage to be with [DC] FOB but Linkin Park were on stage instead and I slipped out of lucidity and started to cry then woke up [I like Linkin Park but I really wanted to meet dream FOB so I cried :lol: ].

Anyway I just thought it was interesting how I used my conscious knowledge about something I love so much to achieve lucidity and if my favourite bands appear in dreams again I'll have to try this again.

ImmortalPhoenix

Re: I used my obsession with Fall Out Boy to become lucid

Postby ImmortalPhoenix » 13 Sep 2015 05:06

Ha! That must have been quite an experience. I have often wondered why some of my obsessions haven't made it into my dreams. Maybe I'm so obsessed that my mind just overlooks it. lol

Also, fob is my guilty pleasure. Hope to see them live at some point in my life.
“Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves.”

abdulabir

Re: I used my obsession with Fall Out Boy to become lucid

Postby abdulabir » 28 Nov 2015 16:19

Thanks it is realy very good post for us, I remember they were doing this weird performance about creatures of the night on stage and they played America's Suitehearts and another song which I don't remember I remember it was one of their bigger hits . Here have a more information for uni ck, So I was moshing and having a good time when my friend B calls them sell outs so I get angry and then she insults their stage presence. I remember her saying 'they sucked at the Black Clouds and Underdogs tour you took me to and they suck here.' Thanks you very much
http://www.tube17.com/
http://www.xnxxbig.net

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”