What am I doing wrong? WILD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KidDreamer

What am I doing wrong? WILD

Postby KidDreamer » 12 Sep 2015 20:37

Hi I'm Rose! I'm 13 years old and I absolutely LOVE lucid dreaming! Anyways.. I've been trying to do WILD for about a month now. I've made progress. This morning I got sleep paralysis (Or at least I think I did) If you can tell me if I got sleep paralysis it would be very helpful! Keep reading >>> So basically I almost felt like I was dizzy. My body started to sway side to side gently and my body was tingly. Almost feeling like when your foot falls asleep but not that intense where I'm laughing. Then it felt like something was pressing down on my limbs one by one. I was in that trance for a good 10 seconds. I thought I was calm. I didn't focus on my heart beat too much. I just said to myself in my head, "Your in a lucid dream" Just in case I went into the dream and didn't know I was lucid. But then the "sleep paralysis" wore off! I don't know what I did wrong because I stayed perfectly still. I'm not even sure if that was sleep paralysis so please tell me! Thank you for your time!

-Rose

amandae

Re: What am I doing wrong? WILD

Postby amandae » 15 Sep 2015 18:57

Sleep Paralysis is when your muscles completely paralyze and you can't move AT ALL. So what happened to you I don't think it was sleep paralysis. A lot of people think that Sleep Paralysis is something that must happen for a successful WILD but it isn't! It just takes you being focused on staying aware & being calm. Also I think Sleep Paralysis happens AFTER you enter REM/your dream. So you wouldn't know it's happening any way. Next time you get those sensations again & it stops, do a reality check to see if you're dreaming!

& I just want to ask, how long did it take for you to start feeling those sensations? I've been trying to WILD for the past couple of days but the sensations don't come for me and I get impatient!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Oct 2015 13:29

That's not sleep paralayses (see amandae's post above for what sleep paralyses is), you shouldn't be aiming for sleep paralyses anyway for a WILD but rather have the goal just to have a LD.. sleep paralyses may or may not happen before a successful WILD.

You are getting into the right kind of state though for a WILD, you may of missed the dream exit. Did you reality check or did you just allow yourself to fall asleep after this? With a smooth WILD entry, one may not even realise one has gone asleep.

Try going along with the sensations next time..eg if you feel yourself swaying side by side you can try to imagine this happening more and more. (that may or may not help.. depending on if you are relaxed enough).
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 06 Oct 2015 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jayd

Postby Jayd » 05 Oct 2015 10:52

Could someone explain to me how you enter a LD from a SP state? Is that the same as astral projection?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”