SLEEP PARALYSIS!? AHH!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
KidDreamer

SLEEP PARALYSIS!? AHH!!

Postby KidDreamer » 13 Sep 2015 13:42

Alright so basically last night I was pretty sure I had sleep paralysis. My entire body started to tingle and then it felt like a force pushed down my limbs one by one. My mind was calm and so was my heart. But the I snapped out of it in 10 seconds. Can you please tell me if that was sleep paralysis? If it isn't can you explain what it is?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Jab

Re: SLEEP PARALYSIS!? AHH!!

Postby Jab » 21 Sep 2015 00:46

Hiya!

I have sleep paralysis a lot and it's a really frustrating feeling like you have no control of your body, it totally sucks! By the way that you are describing your situation it does sound like you were having sleep paralysis. You were doing the right thing by remaining calm because it is easier to come out of sleep paralysis when you are realising what is happening and relax. If it does happen again (hopefully it doesn't) I know that one of the best ways to stop the paralysis is keep calm like you were doing and then just start slowly trying to move parts of your body. You should start trying to move just your toes or finger instead of your whole body. I have heard that you can try and turn your sleep paralysis into a lucid dream, however I have not been able to achieve this just yet (I wish I could!), so if you want to try this then look up some techniques on how to. Sleep paralysis can last for a few seconds to a few minutes, so if you don't come out of the paralysis straight away don't panic because it may just be taking a while, remain calm and you will be fine.

Hope this helped :)

Return to “For Beginners”