Skeptical but open minded

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Goodwill
Posts: 14
Joined: 20 Sep 2015 03:32

Skeptical but open minded

Postby Goodwill » 20 Sep 2015 04:00

I'm skeptical of OBE/Astral projection. But willing to test validity for myself. I recently had something similar happen but since it was the first time maybe someone can enlighten me.

I assume I had a false awakening. I got up and got a drink of water. It was all very vivid or lucid except I didn't realize I was dreaming. I went back to bed and saw myself in bed with my wife. I sorta freaked out for a second but then realized I was dreaming and then automatically had control.

I won't bore you with the whole dream. I basically walked across the street to Walmart to see if my brain would recreate the dream store identically to the real store. While there I noticed it was not exact.

So just a dream or OBE? I assume dream but that was new to me.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

User avatar
Pareidolia
Posts: 36
Joined: 20 Sep 2015 03:49

Re: Skeptical but open minded

Postby Pareidolia » 20 Sep 2015 04:43

I'd say going to Walmart in your dream is something you need to revise. Not that the strangest adventures can't happen in the most common places. But I highly recommend becoming a supervillain.
Death to be a dignity, execution's lost philosophy. All my atrocities
come by way of reciprocity. And reason is treason.

Goodwill
Posts: 14
Joined: 20 Sep 2015 03:32

Re: Skeptical but open minded

Postby Goodwill » 20 Sep 2015 14:48

I've done tge adventures. I'm more interested in testing things. My friends and I challenge each other to try things. For example I tried opening a book to see what would be on the pages, while at Walmart I was trying to see if the dream version was the same or different. I currently am wanting to start a fire and put my hand close or in it to see if I experience heat.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

User avatar
Pareidolia
Posts: 36
Joined: 20 Sep 2015 03:49

Re: Skeptical but open minded

Postby Pareidolia » 21 Sep 2015 02:44

You will experience heat if your subconcious mind recognises it as a fire or any other element or object that may cause heat.

Your subconcious mind will create the same image, words and fonts in the, let's say, dreambook if you have memorised it correctly from the real book.

But then you may also experience something completely different because your dreams are a way for your subconcious mind to process and sort things.
Death to be a dignity, execution's lost philosophy. All my atrocities
come by way of reciprocity. And reason is treason.

jasmine2
Posts: 402
Joined: 15 Sep 2013 04:42

Re: Skeptical but open minded

Postby jasmine2 » 18 Nov 2015 01:31

I recommend the following for discussions regarding differences between lucid dreaming and out-of-body experiences. -

- "Past Issues/ Lucid Dreaming Experience Magazine" - dreaminglucid.com - Vol 3, No 2 Fall 2014

- Article - "Out-Of-Body Experiences and Lucid Dreams" - The Lucidity Institute - lucidity.com

Enra Traz
Posts: 310
Joined: 28 Nov 2014 10:55

Re: Skeptical but open minded

Postby Enra Traz » 18 Nov 2015 21:44

Pareidolia wrote:But then you may also experience something completely different because your dreams are a way for your subconcious mind to process and sort things.


Who told you that? :lol:

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2910
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Skeptical but open minded

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2015 12:19

Pareidolia wrote:I'd say going to Walmart in your dream is something you need to revise. Not that the strangest adventures can't happen in the most common places. But I highly recommend becoming a supervillain.


but creating yourself into a supervillain wont at all prove to oneself if one is in the very real earth astral plane or not. Even people OBE can create things in the astral plane which aren't true. To really prove that something isn't just created by the mind, you need to check out the astral counterpart of something which has its other part physical, something you truly couldn't have known unless you went and saw it. (everything physical has an astral counterpart)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2910
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Skeptical but open minded

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2015 12:31

Goodwill wrote:I'm skeptical of OBE/Astral projection. But willing to test validity for myself. I recently had something similar happen but since it was the first time maybe someone can enlighten me.

I assume I had a false awakening. I got up and got a drink of water. It was all very vivid or lucid except I didn't realize I was dreaming. I went back to bed and saw myself in bed with my wife. I sorta freaked out for a second but then realized I was dreaming and then automatically had control.

I won't bore you with the whole dream. I basically walked across the street to Walmart to see if my brain would recreate the dream store identically to the real store. While there I noticed it was not exact.

So just a dream or OBE? I assume dream but that was new to me.


Seeing it was different it probably was just a lucid dream. It was a good kind of check. You could try to see what cars are in the car park next time, eg take a number plate and then wake yourself up and walk over there physically then to see if you were just dreaming it or if they are really there. (I can read clearly what is physically there in the astral).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself


Return to “Paranormal Activity”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests