Pooling dreams

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Pareidolia

Pooling dreams

Postby Pareidolia » 20 Sep 2015 04:28

Greetings,

At this moment, it's 03:51 am and I currently live in England with my fiancé. (At 18, heh)

When I was growing up, I would experience not only lucid dreams, but also dreams that I would completely forget about the next day. Until about 3-4 weeks later, where I would see the same spitten image of what I had dreamed that one night. I would get the strangest Déja-vu feeling, then remember I have seen, heard or experienced what's going on at that moment before in a dream. The range is usually 3-4 weeks but it's also occured that this happened months or even years later.

Personally, I have lucid dreams quite a lot although I wish I did not. Lucid dreams are unhealthy. When you sleep, dreams are a way of your subconcious mind to process things your concious mind would not. Whether it's any form of pain or pleasure, your mind has to process it and sort it to not get clouded. I can support this fact with personal experiences. The more I abused the limitlessness of my lucid dreams, the weirder my next dream got. But if I let my mind process what it needs to, I'll wake up feeling more refreshed rather than waking up feeling tired.
I do not attempt to abuse the limitlessness of these lucid dreams as they, sooner or later, turn into horrific nightmares. And the further I'm out of bounds, the harder it is to get back into bounds.

To go further into what I wrote in the first paragraph, I'll give you a background story.
My mother claims that once she had a dream about being burned alive, being called a witch, and being stoned somewhere in a castle. When her and my father took a trip to these old castle ruins, she sensed a Déja-vu feeling. As if she'd been there before. Then she realised it was the castle from the dream. Since then she believes she was a "witch" in a past life.
Similar happened to me when I was only three years of age, sitting on my mother's knee. We'd play toddler games and sing nursery rhymes and whatnot. Out of the blue I'd ask: "Mum, when can we go back to the white house with the swing?" My mother of course wouldn't know what house I was referring to, as we'd have never been to such a place.
My mother took me to see a "paranormal", as some may call them, who told her to ask questions about it next time I refer to this place.
Next time we were singing nursery rhymes and playing games, I'd ask the same question: "Mum, when can we go back to the white house with the swing?". My mother would ask: "What white house?" At which point there would be no more response from me. After 5 seconds of silence I'd continue playing as if nothing had happened. When my mother asked me again I'd be unable to remember what we were talking about.
As far as I know it never happened again from that point, but I'm only repeating here what my mother told me years and years later.

Now, I'm unsure but openminded about reicarnation, but even if that's real and I've "seen things from a past life", it still doesn't explain so many things! It's to my belief that everyone has a right to believe whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm others. So I'm openminded about anything. I don't know if the lucid dreams have any connection at all to the dreams that I later see happen in real life, but if anyone knows or experiences similar, please do share.

Since I've been with my fiancé I went from having lucid dreams every night to having them maybe three or two times a week, so I'm glad. However the dreams that I later see bits of in real life have increased, both in severity and amount. And they're of completely random things.

Has anyone experienced similar?

Goodwill

Re: Pooling dreams

Postby Goodwill » 20 Sep 2015 04:47

I haven't had any negative experiences in Lucid Dreams. In fact I usually only have them when I go to bed earlier than normal. So I'm more rested when I have them. But if your having negative experiences and you have control you should be able to stop the experience, change the story or just revert back to sleep. I've literally not been in the mood before when I realized I was dreaming and just kinda bailed on the dream. If it happens so often and you don't enjoy it practice ending the dream. Hope that helps.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Pareidolia

Postby Pareidolia » 20 Sep 2015 05:00

Thanks for the reply.
I realise I can stop when I wish, but as I said, dreams are a way for your subconcious mind to process things. So I generally tend to go with whatever my mind confronts me with. Besides, I find it interesting to be so deep within my own world. I learn a lot from it. I have based my moral compass upon what I learned within dreams, where I've processed people, places, spaces. Honestly, lucid dreams are as normal to me as pinecones are to pine forests. I go wherever my mind takes me, whether the dreams terrify me or not. The way I see it no one can comprehend each other's dream so everyone on these forums sounds like they're stark raving mad to one another.
Death to be a dignity, execution's lost philosophy. All my atrocities
come by way of reciprocity. And reason is treason.

ToniBenson

Postby ToniBenson » 30 Dec 2015 12:03

Thanks for sharing you story. I had also experienced lucid dreams many times and mostly same dream again and again. I mostly saw a garden where me and my toddler are playing, singing songs, dancing and eating. I hope in future this dream will happen in reality. To know more you can visit http://www.callingallkidsagain.com online.

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 30 Dec 2015 13:03

To say that lucid dreaming is unhealthy is quite a claim. I have been lucid dreaming purposefully for about 28 years, and I can't say I agree with that claim of yours, tho I can understand why you might think that given what you have said.

Just because you can become lucid and control dreams doesn't mean your subconscious isn't doing what it should be doing to help organize your thoughts and experiences for shifting to long-term memory.

Here's an example of what I mean: Let's say it is vital to your health to get at least 2 hours of exercise (muscle movement) per day. Let's say it's so vital in fact that your body will do random actions (continual shifting in your seat, increasing the number of bathroom visits, etc) just to make sure you get a total of 2 hours each day of moving your body and using muscles, even if you aren't otherwise doing any exercising.

If you decide to go swimming, then your body is satisfied for getting the exercise, even if getting exercise isn't what you had intended by going swimming. In this way your body gets what it needs whether or not you choose to do anything active (tho it is a good idea to be active for optimal health, of course).

In my experience, the same is true about dreaming. You can either let it do what it'll do, or you can intentionally do something; either way, your mind is getting what it needs to be healthy. I would even go so far as to say that actively practicing lucid dreaming regularly can help your mind get even more benefit from dreaming, much like actively going to the gym regularly can help your body stay healthier.

That said, just like exercising in the wrong way can be dangerous to your body (pulled or torn muscles, tweaking your back, etc), it may be possible to dream in the wrong way. No serious research on this has been done yet, so I can't say this is definitely the case, but it might be part of why you can wake from a dream feeling more fatigued or worn out than when you went to sleep. Even so, I have rarely woken from a lucid dream feeling worn out, tho I have woken from non-lucid dreams many times in my life like that.

If you have anything more to support your claim that lucid dreaming is unhealthy, I would be very interested in discussing it with you.

Cheers!
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”