Being Told I'm Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
J.Kustom

Being Told I'm Dreaming

Postby J.Kustom » 21 Sep 2015 06:20

Hi,

New to the site. I got really into the concept of Lucid dreaming about 5 years ago after watching the film Waking Life. I started 'reality checking' and for a while it worked, but I'd wake up r forget I was dreaming pretty instantly.

Over the years I've gone through phases of being interested in Lucid Dreaming and forgetting about it.

Something very strange literally just happened to me while I was asleep. Someone in my dream told me 'I think you might be lucid dreaming' - I laughed at this in the dream which made the others in my dream laugh, but I felt like they were laughing at my naivety - sort of as if they thought it was cute I couldn't work out I was dreaming - like they knew something I didn't - not in a malicious way, just laughing at how much I had to learn. I even said to one person in my dream 'This is so weird I'm not sure what's going on, I'm going to call you tomorrow to check if this was real' and they all started laughing again.

In all it hasn't scared me, but it's really opened my mind up to the possibilities of lucid dreaming and it's amazed me that the 'characters' in my dream (3 were real people I know, one was an older gentleman I've never seen before) felt so real and were laughing as if they were trying to guide me to realise I was dreaming.

Is this normal and has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

Thanks

J.Kustom

Re: Being Told I'm Dreaming

Postby J.Kustom » 21 Sep 2015 06:25

*also the weird thing was in this dream I kept telling people I felt tired and needed to sleep, and kept lying down at any given moment, not sure if that has any relevance - I know Lucid Dreams happen during very light sleep so maybe I wasn't fully asleep yet?

Return to “For Beginners”