A Diet for Dreamers?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dreamsweet

A Diet for Dreamers?

Postby Dreamsweet » 21 Sep 2015 23:05

I want to know if there are specific foods, vitamins or minerals that can help induce lucid dreams or at the very least improve regular dreams? What could I digest that would affect my mind more positively at night?

Goodwill

Re: A Diet for Dreamers?

Postby Goodwill » 21 Sep 2015 23:53

I've heard apple juice, cheese, chocolate and vitamin B12. Chocolate is the only thing I've noticed any difference in having dreams after eating.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Dreamsweet

Postby Dreamsweet » 22 Sep 2015 00:05

Goodwill wrote:I've heard apple juice, cheese, chocolate and vitamin B12. Chocolate is the only thing I've noticed any difference in having dreams after eating.

Difference? Do you mean an improvement in the quality of the dream or just different dreams overall?

Goodwill

Postby Goodwill » 22 Sep 2015 01:36

For me weird dreams and more dreams. And weird nonsensical dreams are what make me realize I'm dreaming and more dreams give me more chances.

Dreamsweet

Postby Dreamsweet » 22 Sep 2015 19:06

I'll take that into consideration. I'm also interested in more B vitamins, though with my current budget (that is, my parent's budget as I am still living at home unemployed), it would be a difficult task to procure either chocolate or vitamin supplements for my diet. I'll do my best to adjust it accordingly and attempt to live a better dream while dreaming a better life.

I would attribute the chocolate's effect to its higher levels of iron. I've researched several sources stating that deficiencies in iron can lead to depression, so if it helps make the mind healthier, stronger and happier, it may as well contribute to deeper or more powerful dreams. Vitamin B in all its forms is much the same way; empowering the mind to become stronger.

Also the caffeine in chocolate, so you're slightly woken up while trying to dream, so that could perhaps create stranger or more aware dreams.

Is there anything else that anyone can testify to improving my dreaming through dietary means?

Return to “For Beginners”