About me!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
CookieMan833

About me!

Postby CookieMan833 » 22 Sep 2015 18:37

Hi guys!
So a little about me,

I first discovered lucid dreaming when watching a lucid dreaming video by ASAP SCIENCE about 3 years ago. I really wanted to give it a try. However, I was never really dedicated enough, and gave up very shortly. A year or so later, I found this website. I put in an effort, and voila! My first lucid dream. If you want the full details, look at my "My First Lucid Dream" post. Anyway, after having been distracted by exams, I forgot to reality check and never had another lucid dream until about a year after that. Full details are in my "One of my Only Ever Lucid Dreams". I never wrote that dream down, but it was so memorable I never forgot. My last lucid dream happened completely by accident, spontaneously (DILD) having not though about lucid dreams for about six months. That one was really cool, and I was so excited I drooled in my sleep (which was a suprise the next morning, I can tell you!) A full encounter of my dream is in my "My 3rd Lucid Dream" post. But anyway, a few days ago, I refound this website, and this time I'm giving it a proper try. I've been going for 5 days, no success yet, but still not disheartened (if you have any advice or questions about what I'm doing see my "Am I doing this right?" post). So yeah, it's gonna be good fun learning with you guys. I'm eager for advice, so do check out my posts.

Cookie :D

Goodwill

Re: About me!

Postby Goodwill » 22 Sep 2015 20:33

Cool Cookie. I got excited and found the site after a really lucky string of two nights in a row. No luck since the 17th. But having them back to back made me look into cultivating them. It's frustrating doing all the tips with no luck but at least I'm getting my rest.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Pareidolia

Re: About me!

Postby Pareidolia » 23 Sep 2015 17:49

You should try and control the anticipation. Once you finally succeed and get your lucid dream, you'll be too excited and lose it within seconds. Try not to think about Lucid Dreaming before you go to sleep. Just do a reality check and then completely let your mind clear.

Whatever is in your head at that time, be it an image or a song, wait until it goes away. Don't try and force it to go away. Sit back and relax, just enjoy the song. :mrgreen:

Then when that's all gone, enjoy the moment of silence and wait for whatever next to dwell into your mind. You'll fall asleep in seconds and you'll be calm.
Death to be a dignity, execution's lost philosophy. All my atrocities
come by way of reciprocity. And reason is treason.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”