Did I dream I was lucid?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
satsujin

Did I dream I was lucid?

Postby satsujin » 23 Sep 2015 05:07

I had an experience where I was dreaming and then realized I was dreaming. I was able to control my dream though I couldnt break certain laws like getting a dog to jump on top of an elephant. Then I had a false awakening(sort of) where I woke up and was arguing with my brother about whether I was lucid dreaming or just imagining it becuase in my false awakening world I was still able to visualize the lucid dream world and control it in my mind even though I was talking with my brother. We were in an unrecognized room and he was wearing a monocle and tuxedo which I didnt think was strange at the time. Arguing with my brother is a common theme in my dreams.
I was convinced I was lucid at the time but no so much when I got up. Could anybody please clear up my mind?

Pareidolia

Re: Did I dream I was lucid?

Postby Pareidolia » 25 Sep 2015 01:50

You're lucid when certain things that are odd seem like it's normal. Also being able to control your dream is a symptom that your dream was in fact lucid.

The inability to stack animals though, might just be because you didn't focus enough.
Death to be a dignity, execution's lost philosophy. All my atrocities
come by way of reciprocity. And reason is treason.

satsujin

Postby satsujin » 25 Sep 2015 04:36

Don't so many odd things happen in regular dreams but we accept them as normal until we wake up?

Pareidolia

Postby Pareidolia » 25 Sep 2015 13:01

Indeed, but there is a difference for when you accept it as normal and seeing that it is abnormal.
Death to be a dignity, execution's lost philosophy. All my atrocities
come by way of reciprocity. And reason is treason.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Oct 2015 03:48

You were gaining lucidity if you were aware that odd things in the dream are odd.

You have gained a LD when that awareness kicks in knowing that you are actually in a dream. It is possible though to dream one is having a lucid dream but not have any real awareness and not be lucid at all..so I personally in such cases wouldn't call a dream with no waking awareness a lucid dream but a dream about being lucid and being a lucid dreamer. It all comes down to your conscious awareness at the time.. did you have waking awareness there? and did you know you were dreaming? if yes, it was certainly a lucid dream.

It is also common in LDs to have varying amounts of awareness there eg a person may be in a lucid dream but only like 50% lucid so though may have awareness and know one is dreaming, may be missing some odd things in the dream and thinking they are normal. Others may be 100% lucid with full normal awareness in the dream. Lucids can vary not just by person but also in comparsion to a persons own other lucid dreams. (my lucidity in my LDs seems to vary from about 80%-100%)

As your subconsciousness is also creating the dream, there may be things in a LD which you find you cant change or are hard to change or influence.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”