How to prevent having those lucid dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
erin

How to prevent having those lucid dreams

Postby erin » 27 Sep 2015 23:45

I suddenly and unexpectedly got into one right after I slept last night. I didn't even undergo any lucid dreaming inducing stuff. What should I do? I don't wanna go back there.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Pareidolia

Re: How to prevent having those lucid dreams

Postby Pareidolia » 28 Sep 2015 01:14

I can understand why you wouldn't want to experience lucid dreams. But I'm afraid you are just helpless to it happening. The best you can do is wait until you're really tired before going to sleep, so your concious mind is too exhausted to Lucid Dream. If it still happens and you really hate it, try waking yourself up. Although I don't recommend it, it is a way to avoid Lucid Dreaming. Just remember that if it's only your first time, odds are that it'll only happen on a rare occassion.

I go through lucid dreams a lot and I don't intend for them to happen or even try to induce them. I've learned to live with it, ... sort of... I don't really call it a life because I wake up feeling more tired than when I go to sleep. I end up sleeping for hours, or even days. It's a form of torment that only a few experience, luckily. Online I've had contact with other people who also experience this and they have a lot of bad experiences. One of my friends even took her own life over the insomnia and depression it caused. Fortunately for most people, they experience lucid dreaming as something good.

Since I have some experience with this, maybe you want to PM me for more details and tips to help you out? If not then that's ok.

I hope this helps.
Death to be a dignity, execution's lost philosophy. All my atrocities
come by way of reciprocity. And reason is treason.

taniaaust1

Re: How to prevent having those lucid dreams

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Oct 2015 08:27

Pareidolia wrote: The best you can do is wait until you're really tired before going to sleep, so your concious mind is too exhausted to Lucid Dream.

That can actually trigger of lucid dreaming in many and unfortunately if a person keeps waking themselves up to try to avoid lucid dreaming, it can give someone major sleep issues as it can cause a person to end up sleeping lighter and lighter

How I dealt with that issue was to avoid all LD stuff for ages and just try to forgot about it. The more one thinks about it before going to sleep, the more likely one is to have an LD. (I got to the point where I couldn't unawarely sleep at all in the past.. so gave up LD for years).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”