I want to get sleep paralysis, help. :D

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
giaz99

I want to get sleep paralysis, help. :D

Postby giaz99 » 30 Sep 2015 13:28

As the title says, I don't want to use it to get a dream, I want to see a nightmare pop up into my face while I'm completely conscious. :)

I love situations that make no sense which is why I love dreaming, everyone of my dreams are something unrealistic. EG: Getting stalked by a monster, having a super power, being trapped in another dimension and must escape, leading an army etc.

So yeah, any tips on improving my chances to wake up in sleep paralysis? I feel like it'd be an experience. :)

RealityCheck

Re: I want to get sleep paralysis, help. :D

Postby RealityCheck » 01 Oct 2015 11:07

You're the first person I've heard to seek sleep paralysis, but I did to because I had no idea what it was like :)

I still haven't been able to achieve SP yet, and I think there are just some people who get it naturally (although unwanted) when they wake up while still in their partial sleep state which is not something you can force your body to enter or wake up in.

WILD method might help you experience SP and enter a lucid dream through it.

Also note that sleep paralysis is not necessarily always a nightmare or an old hag strangling you. Most people, when they wake up in a SP state, start to panic without knowing what is happening, and their brain starts to hallucinate from the fear while others expect scary figures to pop up in SP which is not the case. I've had friends who see shapes flying towards them in SP or having audio hallucinations that could be scary and lead to visual hallucination, but it's really all in your brain and in the end, up to you. :) Have fun.
How to wake yourself up

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Oct 2015 17:31

RealityCheck is right. The WILD method increases your chances of experiencing SP―although in my case (most recently) it's happened with DEILD. I also think it's worth mentioning that, in my experience, SP has always manifested when I least expected it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Oct 2015 03:05

giaz99 wrote:As the title says, I don't want to use it to get a dream, I want to see a nightmare pop up into my face while I'm completely conscious. :)

You probably are going to dislike my comment then. The fact you aren't at all scared of it and looking forward so much in seeking it out, it may well cause it to be not at all scary when you do experience it, so possibly no nightmare situations. Maybe you would instead see bunnies and flowers floating around :P

The second thing, one doesn't necessarily get images appearing with SP! I personally have never experienced hypnagogic images while being in a sleep paralyses state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jayd

Postby Jayd » 05 Oct 2015 11:37

Ive only had SP a small handful of times. First time was terrible, cause I didn't know anything about it. Second time I did it accidentally trying to induce a OOB experience. Through meditation I got that vib feeling everyone talks about. When I tried to exit, I realized I couldn't move. It was more frustrating then scary that time. But I used the floating technic and got out. I used a metronome to keep conscious, while putting my body to sleep. So try to used meditation. Be warned though, you might think you want to experience this, but it maybe the most horrible thing you have ever experienced. This altered state can be very difficult to tell the difference between it and reality. Especially your first time. Intentional or not.

jzinser

Postby jzinser » 05 Oct 2015 19:50

Doing OBE practice can make you fall into SP. I recommend Robert Bruce's "Astral Dynamics" book.

I had SP yesterday while trying to sleep, I could hear and feel my dogs jumping on my bed to sleep besides me. I could also "feel" my dads energy

This was so real that I actually checked once I could move again because I really thought my dogs would be laying there.

I had never seen anything while on SP, just all kinds of noises and sensations... its a good experience if you don't get overwhelmed by it

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Oct 2015 07:04

jzinser wrote:Doing OBE practice can make you fall into SP. I recommend Robert Bruce's "Astral Dynamics" book.

I had SP yesterday while trying to sleep, I could hear and feel my dogs jumping on my bed to sleep besides me. I could also "feel" my dads energy

This was so real that I actually checked once I could move again because I really thought my dogs would be laying there.

I had never seen anything while on SP, just all kinds of noises and sensations... its a good experience if you don't get overwhelmed by it

It sounds like you may of been partly successful at your OBE stuff as our physical animals can get out of body and can be experienced from our own astral body (our deceased ones can still be around us too). Both I and my children, used to experience my cat astrally at times even when fully awake and out of bed. People too if asleep may out of body in their own homes usually not far from their physical body.

Sounds like though you didn't gain control over the astral body, you were feeling through it.. being able to feel someones energy or energy sensations is common in astral projection experiences. (You may find its very sluggish at first too when you first start moving it as we aren't used to consciously controlling it).

Both trying to astral project as well as LD may have SP as the consequence. It just can happen as part of any deep relaxation states.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 12 Oct 2015 04:52

I recommend this article -
- "How To Encourage Sleep Paralysis As A Gateway To Extraordinary Dreaming" - dreamstudies.org
by Ryan Hurd

Return to “For Beginners”