Is this an indication ?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
astroboy93

Is this an indication ?

Postby astroboy93 » 02 Oct 2015 20:01

Hi,
I am new to this forum and want to have lucid dreams and i have been doing some reality checks throughout the day. Although i have not yet setup a dream journal, i am not sure if it is a must have thing.
Anyways today i experienced something different and this made me think if i am slowly achieving what i want , i.e Lucid Dream. I have been experiencing sleep paralysis for almost 5 years. I always panic while having sleep paralysis, but today while i was having SP, i think i opened my eyes, Well i am not really sure if i did open or not. And somehow i was thinking of controlling it and all of a sudden i was kinda able to and was not panicking anymore. And i was trying to turn it to a LD,but couldn't do so and then after a few seconds i woke up.
So is this an indication that i might be starting to have LD. I am really excited. :) :)

taniaaust1

Re: Is this an indication ?

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Oct 2015 02:26

I can think of three different reasons why keeping a dream journal can help in LD.

With this being said, its hard to know if you need to do this or not seeing you experience SP a lot and could just take a LD from there which would be a kind of WILD (which makes dream journaling less important if you don't allow yourself to go unaware during the experiences it becomes harder to forgot your LD etc) but if you are also aiming for non WILD LDs, dream journaling becomes more important. Dream journal can also help to find something in your dreams which you can attach a reality checking too, to help boost the success of reality checking triggering a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Oct 2015 02:34

astroboy93 wrote: I have been experiencing sleep paralysis for almost 5 years. I always panic while having sleep paralysis, but today while i was having SP, i think i opened my eyes, Well i am not really sure if i did open or not. And somehow i was thinking of controlling it and all of a sudden i was kinda able to and was not panicking anymore. :)

It sounds like you did opened your dream eyes. It becomes a LD then when you become aware you are in a dream... a sleep paralyses state can stop some from gaining that awareness.

Your post is a good example of another reason why I suggest to people to not to aim for sleep paralyses as one still has to turn that into a good LD.. so SP doesn't necessarily at all mean LD success (in your case 5 years of SP)... but if someone naturally gets SP it is a good place to work from for a LD as it indicates the right kind of state for a LD to occur.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

astroboy93

Postby astroboy93 » 03 Oct 2015 12:31

taniaaust1 wrote:It sounds like you did opened your dream eyes. It becomes a LD then when you become aware you are in a dream... a sleep paralyses state can stop some from gaining that awareness.

Your post is a good example of another reason why I suggest to people to not to aim for sleep paralyses as one still has to turn that into a good LD.. so SP doesn't necessarily at all mean LD success (in your case 5 years of SP)... but if someone naturally gets SP it is a good place to work from for a LD as it indicates the right kind of state for a LD to occur.

Thanks for the reply and advice. I will start to maintain a dream journal. Also, now a days i can remember my dreams better and even realize what color dress i am wearing.

Return to “For Beginners”