Can't Fly in Lucid Dreams? Why?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ilikelucidx

Can't Fly in Lucid Dreams? Why?

Postby ilikelucidx » 05 Oct 2015 18:10

When I know I am dreaming, I try to fly, but when I try to fly, I fall. I believe I can fly but I can't. What am I doing wrong? Is there anyone who ever flew in their Lucid Dreams? What do you do to fly in Lucid Dreams?

jzinser

Re: Can't Fly in Lucid Dreams? Why?

Postby jzinser » 05 Oct 2015 18:55

I had a lucid dream last week, this was WILD induced. I was in a circular room with a very high ceiling, I decided to fly through the roof... I could fly, but when I reached I couldn't go through it.

Then I asked to be shown a valuable lesson and I willed myself to "close my eyes" in the dream. While I did this I blacked out and lost lucidity since I assumed I had now woke up (but I hadn't). So apparently if you try to close your eyes in a dream the scenery changes completely, I plan to do some experimenting around this phenomena.

Anyways back to your question, yes it is possible to fly in LD and OBE, I've done both. However is not something usually achieved on the first try... try again next time. If you still can't fly just say loudly "Why am I having trouble flying?" or "Help me to fly", you will most likely get help

Hope this helps!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Oct 2015 07:23

jzinser wrote:Then I asked to be shown a valuable lesson and I willed myself to "close my eyes" in the dream. While I did this I blacked out and lost lucidity since I assumed I had now woke up (but I hadn't). So apparently if you try to close your eyes in a dream the scenery changes completely, I plan to do some experimenting around this phenomena.

It's attention on dreams which keep one in them, start thinking of other things.. the dream will change due to your thoughts. Block the dream out by shutting eyes or spinning.. dream can often change as you disconnect one of your senses from the dream so make it far more easy to loose the dream you are in (this though can also cause someone to wake up).

Flying can be hard for many as we are so programmed as to know we cant fly in real life. So to fly in dreams we need to over come this programming and really be focused on its a dream so we can do stuff we usually cant. The symbolism of flying to the subconsciousness is life being carefree and smooth etc.. so if ones life isn't so, ones subconscious may block the person from flying in their dreams. Some people do have no trouble with flying even from the start but many do have trouble with it due to the above reasons.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 07 Oct 2015 15:11

it takes some time to get used to flying in a dream, some people can fly first time with no problems, however some need to learn how to do it.

one of my dream characters helped me learn how to fly, it just takes some focus and praktice, its bit dificult to explain it.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”