New Lucid Dreaming Books

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
FutureMedStu

New Lucid Dreaming Books

Postby FutureMedStu » 05 Oct 2015 23:56

Hey, guys! I just got here (been perusing the website for a while, just made an account). So, I was just kind of sitting in school thinking about book topics (I've always wanted to write a book, it's one of my biggest dreams :D ), and I immediately thought of lucid dreaming. I figure, I've been reading about lucid dreaming for almost 3 years now, I might as well turn my knowledge into into a book. The book in question would cover as many areas of lucid dreaming as possible, from the history or LDing, to techniques, to supplements that can be taken. I also thought of a fictional story, too! In this one, there would be a guy (who would probably be a social outcast) who begins lucid dreaming, and brings up a Dream Girlfriend (lol), and eventually falls in love with her. I thought this idea was kind of cool, but I'm not as sure about it as I am about the first book. So, I'm curious, would any of you care to glance at either of these books if they ever exist? :D

Summerlander

Re: New Lucid Dreaming Books

Postby Summerlander » 06 Oct 2015 01:05

I reckon you could make something of it—and I would certainly love to illustrate your book with some lucid dream art, y'know, colour it a bit with my imagination. Apart from creating a dream girlfriend and possibly other oneiric niceties to make up his ideal world, what plots and twists would you like to see in your story?

Perhaps you could turn it into a psychological/psychonautical horror—something like a cross between Bruce Joel Rubin's Jacob's Ladder and Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland (and maybe a hint of Freddy Krueger)—which is all about our lucid dreaming hero knowing himself whilst perusing the darkest subconscious regions of his mind.

He could be stuck in a lucid, but nightmarish, state where he experiences fear and eventually realises that the problem is his ego; the story then culminates with him becoming 'enlightened'—like the Buddha—after giving up his dream girlfriend by accepting that she is only an illusion, and therefore a mental shackle, and also recognising that the self is a mental fiction ...

I can send you some pics but you must send me money first. £50 a pic. :mrgreen:

By the way, here's a quote by Louie, a 'dream character' in Jacob's Ladder--I love it:

'Eckhart saw Hell too. He said: "The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you", he said. "They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth".'

Wow ... just ... wow! 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”