Reality Checks

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
jzinser

Reality Checks

Postby jzinser » 06 Oct 2015 15:49

Hey guys, so I have had a few lucid dreams but I am still finding it hard to make it a recurrent thing..

I am experimenting with several reality checks, the question is if it is better to stick with one at a time or do several ones along the day

What has worked best for you?

Thanks!

dragonster82

Re: Reality Checks

Postby dragonster82 » 07 Oct 2015 03:12

Doing several times along the day work best, as you are building muscle memory to remember to check.

Also do check out my audio ( in the video's description ) where I have made an audio which I BELIEVE will help induce lucid dreaming. Thank you!
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA-pDl516o4

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Oct 2015 03:35

You should be doing more then one kind at a time as reality checks can occassionally fail to show you are dreaming (2 or 3 different checks in case of this). Also I suggest to make sure one of your checks is to something which naturally appears in your dreams.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Khurts

Postby Khurts » 11 Jan 2016 17:42

I suggesting you to wear mask before you sleep. This is the one of the best reality checks. You cant see through mask in reality. yep? But if you can seeing through mask. You are dreaming.
If you do it today. It will be a lot easier tomorrow

ArendG

Postby ArendG » 12 Feb 2016 12:21

Hi,
I've been a lucid dreamer for over 2 years now and I had some struggles with finding the right reality check as well. I found that having a simple overview of my day served me well as a RC, i simply look back at how I came at my current location, I look at the situation I'm in and I like to have a look at the clothes I'm wearing. If you wear a watch, it can serve you as a great RC as well, you simply look at it, look away and look back, if the time changes, you're dreaming.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2016 02:10

Khurts wrote:I suggesting you to wear mask before you sleep. This is the one of the best reality checks. You cant see through mask in reality. yep? But if you can seeing through mask. You are dreaming.

that possibly could be a bad check for many as it isn't at all uncommon for many people when they first get lucid to have no vision so not be seeing anything. loss of vision on becoming lucid is very common problem.

If they try this check first and are one of those who cant see in LD at first, it will help to convince them they are not asleep yet so even if they are doing different checks too, it could make further reality checks they do less likely to work due to being then less open to that they are dreaming after having a failed check not picking up they are dreaming

If you've had one failed check, you are more likely to have others due to getting further and further convinced you aren't dreaming when you already are.

The first reality check a person does is probably the most important one for these reasons so I suggest to people to choose one in which doesn't have a possible problem with which certainly will cause it to fail for some. Unless you know you never have issues with vision loss on first getting lucid.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2016 02:23

ArendG wrote:Hi,
I've been a lucid dreamer for over 2 years now and I had some struggles with finding the right reality check as well. I found that having a simple overview of my day served me well as a RC, i simply look back at how I came at my current location, I look at the situation I'm in and I like to have a look at the clothes I'm wearing. If you wear a watch, it can serve you as a great RC as well, you simply look at it, look away and look back, if the time changes, you're dreaming.

good checks.

I'll add something to the watch one though. When you look back at the watch think of it possibly being changed, hold the expectation that it may be different, as it will help with this reality check. When looking at anything as a reality check, it can be important to be holding that expectation.

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 19 Apr 2016 03:42

my favorite one is to try to fly. its the easiest to me. if u don't start floating or flying boom ur awake, otherwise ur asleep. and think of it as ur not trying to see if ur awake, ur trying to see if you're dreaming
botanicalguides.com - live love dream - Botanical Guides is a comprehensive guide to oneirogens and other ethnobotanicals a-z.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”