First post...Whats helping....and experiences

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
dreamfreak

First post...Whats helping....and experiences

Postby dreamfreak » 07 Oct 2015 21:13

Hi...dreamers....This is my first post...Also a new member...After having sleep paralysis since I was about 10....twice or more a week...After I was given a c-pap and a low dose of Klonopine......Now very seldom does it occur...maybe twice a month...As my experiences have taken me in the past 40 years..I have gotten to be quite a lucid dreamer....I can wake myself out of any lucid dream at will...I can direct and orchestrate most any of my desires (good,bad) while in the dream state...I can also make sounds loud enough for my wife to wake me...If I am unable to work myself out of it on my own......It has taken many years to develop this.....Especially during a paralysis state....when its NOT to pleasurable and it is.. terrifying...Lucid dreams are mostly are enjoyable..I do stupid stuff like run myself into a WALL intentionally , just to wake up..Stupid stuff just because I can....And relations with any female in my dreams...( I know thats perverted..but..it is what it is)... ...The worse dream was when I was trying to wake out of a dream....But I was actually dreaming I was dreaming..It took my wife about a minute to wake me...Needless to say I didnt want to go back to sleep....I will take a lucid ...instead of paralysis anyday.....The beginning of sleep paralysis begins...for me..as a ringing in my ears..so I can choose to quickly stop it ..by getting it up...And sometimes during the night I will have an episode ...my wife wakes me..on cue...I will answer her ..yes, Im ok...and Go right back in my paralysis....So I then get up and walk around or go to the bathroom.....Its quite the ordeal..sometimes......Ive cried, rebuked Satan....cussed...cause it really makes me angry when it happens...especially when I had no control....Anyway guys...Im just rambling ...cause I dont really know what yall are used too ..here in this forum......Ive never opened up to really anyone about all I have experienced...But im open to talk to anyone

jasmine2

Re: First post...Whats helping....and experiences

Postby jasmine2 » 11 Oct 2015 02:53

Dreamfreak, I'm glad you are often successful in having lucid dreams.

Regarding your intermittent trouble with sleep paralysis, I recommend the following article -

- "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis" - dreamstudies.org
Ryan Hurd, the author, also suggests a 10th "ultimate method".
- "scrunch up your face ... snarl and squint. Do this two or three times ..."

It sounds like using a CPAP unit helps you to deal with your sleep apnea.

Several years ago, I began to have increasing problems with sleep apnea and cardiac atrial fibrillation. I was about 40 lbs overweight, but had never really been successful with a diet. I got motivated to try eating more whole plant foods and less processed, fatty and sugary foods.
Suggestions at these websites helped me to gradually lose excess weight, with little or no hunger and no calorie counting.

- Article - "High Nutrient Density - Dr. Fuhrman" - drfuhrman.com
- drmcdougall.com
- Ornish Spectrum/Nutrition - Dr. Dean Ornish - ornishspectrum.org (?)

After changing my style of eating, my sleep apnea gradually disappeared, and I was able to stop taking all medications.

Also, websearch - "Interviews with Dr. Barry Krakow about treatment for sleep apnea"

Best wishes - jasmine2

taniaaust1

Re: First post...Whats helping....and experiences

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Oct 2015 12:27

Most of us lucid dreamers don't mind sleep paralyses at all as its far more common in us and many use it as a door way to go into a lucid dream. I suggest you learn a bit more so you too can use it as a stepping stone for a LD and can get over your fear of it.

Just think of anything which you may experience during a sleep paralyses state as part of a dream so nothing can really hurt you. Sleep paralyses is completely natural and protects us, if you didn't have that when asleep you'd be sleep walking everywhere. The only difference is, being aware of being in this state you are in every night.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Sleep Disorders”